次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

using flashloader, elftosb and mfttools - boot_image.sb binary generated is 0KB

2,662件の閲覧回数
palak_shah1
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using iMXRT1064 EVK board. I want to use the flashloader utility suite (elftosb and mfttools) to burn an image on the flash. 

I am following instructions on this link - 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/Generating-a-Bootable-Image-for-the-RT1050/ta-p/...

I want to create an image that can run from SRAM and follow this commands -

In the MCUxpresso, I use evkmimxrt1060_igpio_led_output example from the SDK. 

I followed the instructions to create .srec file. 

Screenshot (161).png

Screenshot (162).png

Screenshot (163).png

Please note that I dont have a dcd.bin file and so I have XIP_boot_header enable and XIP_boot_header_DCD_enable both to 1.

Below is the output generated - 

Screenshot (164).png

I copy the .srec file to the flashloader utility folder and follow the instructions -

Screenshot (165).png

However, the output file generated (.bin and boot_image.sb)is 0 KB. 

Screenshot (166).png

Can you please tell me why the output files are 0 KB. I tried the flexspi_hyperflash SDK example as well. And same result. 

Am I using wrong commands?

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks,

Palak

0 件の賞賛
返信
5 返答(返信)

2,639件の閲覧回数
palak_shah1
Contributor II

thank you. can you please point to which commands it needs to generate .sb file?

0 件の賞賛
返信

2,637件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Similar to the below commands.

elftosb.exe -f imx -V -c ../../bd_file/imx10xx/imx-dtcm-unsigned.bd -o evkbimxrt1050_led_blinky.bin led_blinky.s19
elftosb.exe -f kinetis -V -c ../../bd_file/imx10xx/program_flexspinor_image_hyperflash.bd -o boot_image.sb evkbimxrt1050_led_blinky_nopadding.bin

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 件の賞賛
返信

2,624件の閲覧回数
palak_shah1
Contributor II

I tried this exact same command that you pasted - 

elftosb.exe -f imx -V -c ../../bd_file/imx10xx/imx-dtcm-unsigned.bd -o evkbimxrt1050_led_blinky.bin led_blinky.s19

and it generated the image which is 0KB. 

Screenshot (174).png

Screenshot (175).png

Why is the .bin file empty?

0 件の賞賛
返信

2,618件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Firstly, I'd highly recommend you go through the post carefully, next, my command is just a sample, you need to provide your own S19 file and the return message already notified you should provide an S19 file.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 件の賞賛
返信

2,656件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Please modify the address the below figure shows;

jeremyzhou_0-1654046617573.png

2) I'm a bit confused with the commands you used, I think you'd better refer to the post carefully, actually, it only needs to input two commands to generate a correct SB file.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 件の賞賛
返信