understanding the packages built in filesystem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understanding the packages built in filesystem

kravik
Contributor IV

I am building images for IMX53 Evk board using yocto by refering https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94849 . I have enabled the build history to know the packages in the file-system image. I could see following folders under "buildhistory/packages/".

--------------------------------------------

all-poky-linux/

armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/

x86_64-linux/

armv7a-vfp-neon-mx5-poky-linux-gnueabi/

imx53qsb-poky-linux-gnueabi/

--------------------------------------------

I could see few packages(say gst-plugins-base) are under "armv7a-vfp-neon-mx5-poky-linux-gnueabi/" and few packages(gstreamer, gstreamer-meta-base) are under "armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/".

Can you help me to understand why there are different subfolders under "buildhistory/packages/" and how the packages categorized for different subfolders. The same folders are also available under "tmp/work".

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ravi Kumar,

I do not have detailed information regarding each of the directories, especially since I’m more familiar with the i.MX6 BSP, but the directories depend on the layer from which each package came from. You will see that some packages are board dependant and some are common to the i.MX53 processor architecture; and some are more general, part of the poky linux distribution that it’s part of the Yocto project.

You would need to follow each of the built packages and their dependencies. Perhaps running bitbake with -v may bring some more detail which may help.

0 Kudos