MC34709 linear regulators are sequentially enabled in time slots of 1.6ms, not 2.0 ms steps

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC34709 linear regulators are sequentially enabled in time slots of 1.6ms, not 2.0 ms steps

luisguevara
Contributor I

Hi all,

I have done experiments in the  MC34709, and after testing the timing sequence I have seen that the enabling sequence of the regulators is happening every 1.6ms instead of 2ms as it is on the datasheet. Why is this happening? why it is not every 2ms? The regulators have loads and I am able to see 2 of them at a time in the OSC

Regards,

Luis Guevara

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hola Luis,

In the MC34709 PMIC, the switching and linear regulators are sequentially enabled in time slots of 2.0ms steps, this 2.0ms is a fixed value and cannot be changed by software, and therefore, there should be something in your loads causing this effect (like a wrong value inductor value or probably the load is demanding excessive current from the regulator).

Is the 1.6ms startup causing any failure in your system?

Regulators seem to be properly turning on, even when they are turning on earlier than it should. If this is not causing any failure, you should be able to continue working like this without any problem.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos