tflite profiling does not show details when using vx delegate

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tflite profiling does not show details when using vx delegate

Antoine_B
Contributor I

I have wrote an issue on the TIM-VX side, but it may actually concern IMX as well: GitHub issue 

To summarize, I am concerned not having any per-ops details from the tflite benchmark app, when using the vx lib delegate. How could I get those informations to check where is the bottleneck? I precise that I get the details when running on the CPU, but the inference times from different model sizes on the CPU and NPU are not proportional, and are not following the same behavior in term of time. So no conclusion could be drawn from it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Antoine_B

Thank you for sharing the link to GitHub. I will review the link.
Based on iMX Machine Learning User's Guide the application can't show the details per ops.
I can suggest you use our eIQ Toolkit to profile your model, for access to eIQ Documentation click on eIQ Portal > Help > eIQ Documentation then select eIQ_Toolkit_UG.pdf and finally go to 4.1 Model Profiling section.

Please let me know if this works.

Best regards, Brian.

0 Kudos

Antoine_B
Contributor I

Thanks @Brian_Ibarra

I got familiar with your modelrunner, in the last Linux 6.1.1_1.0.0​ version. Indeed, I can see the --profiling option in this tools, however I am encountering some troubles. I am running the tool directly on the board an IMX8MP, with the tflite engine:

1. First, running: modelrunner -m my_model.tflite -e tflite -c 0
    I get the error: no servers enabled, refer to --http argument. But this is solved, just by giving the param -b/--benchmark like so:
    modelrunner -m my_model.tflite -e tflite -c 0 -b 10. I assume it's a bug, as I don't think this parameter has anything to do with the server.
  2. Adding the --profiling param, it just shows nothing anymore, no error, but no time information output:
    modelrunner -m my_model.tflite -e tflite -c 0 -b 2 --profiling
    Using default Plugin: libprofiling-server.so

I tried to set the --hostname param to imx8mpevk but it gives the following error:
    modelrunner -m my_model.tflite -e tflite -c 0 -b 2 --profiling --hostname imx8mpevk
    Using default Plugin: libprofiling-server.so
    munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer
    Aborted

3. In my model, I am using custom operators, so the executable is complaining about them. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any source code to add manually my custom ops, but just the provided binary in <eIQ_Toolkit_install_dir>\deepviewrt\modelrunner-b0dfb0e.zip. Could you provide it?

Thanks!
0 Kudos

Antoine_B
Contributor I

Well, it happened that for point 1 and 2, I missread the documentation (check pic attached below), that even the latest versions (I have the 6.1.1_1.0.0) do not have the profiling feature, and that I had to replace the binary with the one provided by the EIQ toolkit. This is now done, and indeed I can access the profiling graph, even with the VX delegate, with the following command line on the target board:

$ modelrunner -d prof -H 10818 -e tflite -c 3

And then adding the device http//<ip>:10818 on the remote laptop within the Model Tool GUI.

However, what about my last point, when the model uses custom tflite operators? So far I haven't seen any options in the executable itself, and no source code on the internet.

Thanks

0 Kudos