sabresd imxq6 board uboot command flinfo is not implemented?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sabresd imxq6 board uboot command flinfo is not implemented?

mercyyuen
Contributor II

I'm using a imxq6 sabresd board and am running uboot version 2009.08.  I've connected to the board using uTerm and can send some simple uboot commands to it.

Most of the commands work.  For example these commands work just fine: help, base, md.

However the command flinfo does not seem to be implemented. When I try that command, there is no response.  It doesn't even say "Unknown command 'flinfo' - try 'help'.  It simply doesn't give me any response to the command.  I wanted to use the command so I can know which parts of the memory can be tested to confirm that the flash is working corrected and which parts should be ignored.

Does anyone have any idea why flinfo would not be giving a response?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Mercy

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Mercy

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

U-Boot for the SABRE-SD lacks of support for parallel NOR flash, but u-boot for SABRE-AI (Auto) features this support. Right now I lack of the SABRE-AI to test this but you can use the configurations of the SABRE-AI in the SABRE-SD.

The configurations as you might know are found in the include/configs folder.

The files are mx6q_sabreauto.h and mx6q_sabresd.h

You will notice that the below #define must be used:

#define CONFIG_CMD_WEIMNOR

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_CFI            /* use the Common Flash Interface */

#define CONFIG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER            /* use the CFI driver */

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE        0x08000000    /* start of FLASH   */

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_USE_BUFFER_WRITE 1

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_CFI_WIDTH    FLASH_CFI_16BIT

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BANKS_LIST    {CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE}

#define CONFIG_SYS_MAX_FLASH_BANKS    1        /* number of banks */

#define CONFIG_SYS_MAX_FLASH_SECT    256        /* max sectors per device */

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_PROTECTION 1

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_EMPTY_INFO

#ifndef CONFIG_CMD_WEIMNOR

#define CONFIG_SYS_NO_FLASH

#endif

That way the do_flinfo function will add the support and should be added in the u-boot for your target.

Please try that and let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Mercy

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

mercyyuen
Contributor II

Hi Alejandro,

I checked my mx6q_sabreauto.h files.  They already had the defines you listed.

I’m still unable to get a response to me flinfo cmd.

To reiterate.  I’m running ltib.  I could not find the mx6q_sabreauto.h files in /ltib/include/config/.  But I did find the files in ltib/rpm/BUILD/u-boot-2009.08/include/configs/mx6q_sabreauto.h

I’m pretty sure that is the same file you were describing.  Do you have any other ideas?

Also, I wanted to add that I have a imx53 starter board. I also tried sending it the flinfo command in uboot mode, once more there was no response to this command.  Is there something wrong with my fundamental understanding of the flinfo command?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mercy

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have been debugging the problem. I applied the attached configuration.

And on my side, it halts because the NOR flash is not connected but as you can see in the attached pictures it tries to write to the 0x0800_0000 memory that corresponds to NOR flash. This is for sure a hint that the changes might be coorect. I wonder if you are able to debug too with your board.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It seems that the picture was not attached.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos