real time support for imx6ull

Jump to solution
deepak_a
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to build kernel with PREEMPT_RT patch for imx6ull evk,
I followed /poky/meta/recipes-rt/README file for configuration and then added
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-yocto-rt" line to conf/local.conf
in build directory, But when i execute "bitbake core-image-rt" command i get below error

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'core-image-rt'
ERROR: core-image-rt was skipped: Set PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel to linux-yocto-rt to enable it

Please let me know what i am missing? Does imx6ull evk supports/tested with preempt rt patch?

Thank You,

Deepak

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Linux BSP by NXP for the i.MX6ULL EVK board has never been officially tested with the PREEMPT_RT patch.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Linux BSP by NXP for the i.MX6ULL EVK board has never been officially tested with the PREEMPT_RT patch.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

deepak_a
Contributor I

Hi Artur,

Thanks for the quick response,

I also tried to build the kernel independently using toolchain, the kernel version i checked out was imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga and the patch i tried apply are  patches-4.1.15-rt17 & patches-4.1.15-rt18, but both the patches are failing to apply. is it possible to apply the patch using this method.

Thank You,

Deepak

0 Kudos