Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qmake for L3.14.52_1.1.0-ga_images_MX6QDLSOLO

Jump to solution
shyamjithkv
Contributor III

Hi,

How can I compile and run my own Qt application on L3.14.52_1.1.0-ga_images_MX6QDLSOLO  with  fsl-image-qt5-fb-imx6qdlsolo file system? from where should i get the qmake for making my own Qt application?

Thanks,

Shyam

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shyamjith K V,

The qt5 toolchain is only available in the BSP Release. You may use the L3.14.52_1.1.0-ga BSP release if that suits your needs. You can find information on this release as well as instructions on how to build it in the link below, please look for Yocto User’s Guide. (Please note that you may need to login in order to download this file)

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.14.52_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&location=null&fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=S...

The repo you are using right now is for the Community BSP, which is part of the Yocto project so it get’s constantly updated. In your case you are using the Jethro (2.0) branch. However, the Community BSP does not have qt5 support.

For reference, the L3.14.52 BSP Release is based on the Fido (1.8) Yocto branch but it points towards a static commit.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
shyamjithkv
Contributor III

Hi gusarambula,

I meant this..

(repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b jethro)

Could you please give a link to the one that you have mentioned above..?

Thanks ,

shyam

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shyamjith K V,

The qt5 toolchain is only available in the BSP Release. You may use the L3.14.52_1.1.0-ga BSP release if that suits your needs. You can find information on this release as well as instructions on how to build it in the link below, please look for Yocto User’s Guide. (Please note that you may need to login in order to download this file)

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.14.52_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&location=null&fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=S...

The repo you are using right now is for the Community BSP, which is part of the Yocto project so it get’s constantly updated. In your case you are using the Jethro (2.0) branch. However, the Community BSP does not have qt5 support.

For reference, the L3.14.52 BSP Release is based on the Fido (1.8) Yocto branch but it points towards a static commit.

Regards,

0 Kudos
shyamjithkv
Contributor III

Thank you gusarambula,

Let me ask one more thing. What should i do if i need to build static version of qt ? Where should i add -static flag to build a tool chain which can make statically linked binaries.?

Thanks.

Shyam

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shyamjith K V,

You would need to extract the Qt Toolchain. There is more information on setting up the toolchain on the following document, which I think may help. Refer to requirement 3 and then after the toolchain is extracted and installed it would be on the path listed a bit below on the same document.

Setting up Qt Creator to build for i.MX6

Regards,

0 Kudos
shyamjithkv
Contributor III

Hello gusarambula,

Thanks for your time...

I just followed those steps with jethro branch of fsl-community-bsp-platform , and created tool chain for  Qt4 successfully.  L3.14.52_1.1.0-ga_images_MX6QDLSOLO is shipped with Qt5 support. How can i make the exact tool chain  which can be used for that  particular release that supports compilation of Qt application with QQuickView class?(When I tried to compile my Qt application using the newly created tool-chain, it did not support QQuickView class.)

EDIT:

Sorry i was using bitbake meta-toolchain-qt for making tool-chain.

Now , while I am running bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5 , I am getting following error.

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'meta-toolchain-qt5'. Close matches:

meta-toolchain-qt

meta-toolchain-qte

meta-toolchain

What could be the reason?

Thanks ,

Shyam

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shyam,

The Qt5 toolchain is only available on the BSP release, not the Community BSP, so you would need to switch BSP in order to extract it. I'm not sure if  QQuickView support is provided on that version but I would think it does.

Regards,

0 Kudos