cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with IBIS file ibis_imx8mp_v2_20201023.zip/

nachus001
Contributor I

Dear forum

I need to load the ibis file for imx8mplus 15X15 processor in altium, but I get a bunch of errors upon loading. When I check the file m865s_v0_ibischeck_result.txt there is a bunch of errors listed there, most of them reflected in altium. From Altium I also receive more errors related to the size of lines and model names.

I need the model mainly for PCB routing. I need from it the pin to package distance and pin delay information, particularly for the LPDDR4 port. 

How can I correct this issue with this model?

Thanks in advance

Ignacio

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Dan1111
Contributor III

I just found this after posting my own question. Here is more information. Altium doesn't support IBIS 6.0, which is the version used in ibis_imx8mp_v2_20201023. Altium only supports up to and including version 4.0, which means no IBIS-AMI support.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/i-MX-8M-Plus-IBIS-AMI-not-supported-by-Altium/m-p/19378...

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you share the errors you are having?
The errors shown on m865s_v0_ibischeck_result, are probably because it is a downgraded version of the ibis file to be compatible with Altium.

On the other hand we have fully validated the ibis model on cadence tool.

Best regards/Saludos,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

nachus001
Contributor I

Hello Aldo

Here are the ibis error and log files

My Altium version is Altium2020 and I was trying to add the Ibis file for the imx8mplus. The purpose was to route the LPDDR4, eMMc and qSPI memory chips with equalized delays.

As said before, many of these errors also were in the original model error report

If you have some suggestions on how to correct the file to make it load correctly, I'll be very grateful

Cheers

Ignacio

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortuantely I do not have experience using Altium for this, as I said before we use Cadence tool for validation of the IBIS files.

Even so I would recommend checking how to correclty load the IBIS on Altium using their support channels.

From the error logs you have shared I see that it complains about missing files that actually are inside the IBIS package so there may be some issues with the path where you have the files stored, it cannot find them.

The other erros shown is just simply because some text has more characters than supported and just truncate them, so I do not see much of an issue there.

Best regards/Saludos,
Aldo.

0 Kudos