Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvds output not working on imx8qm

Jump to solution
Ahelion
Contributor IV

Hello,

The hdmi connector on my mek device fell of, now I want to use the lvds, using the adapter that came in the imx8qm-mek demo box. I have no ideea how to get it to work.

I flashed the sd card via uuu, parameter hdmi, the NXP logo appears on my monitor ( connected via hdmi adapter to lvds), and then nothing, once linux starts display goes to sleep. I have tried the lvds1 dtbs :

vbmeta-imx8qm-lvds1-panel.img also, same result ( had to modify the script a bit to accept it )

Here is the flash log:

"

PS C:\work\nxp\android-13.0.0_2.2.0_image_8qmek> .\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8qm -a -e -t sd_all -u dual -d hdmi
This script is validated with uuu 1.4.182 version, it is recommended to align with this version.
dual bootloader is supported
dtbo is supported
dual slot is supported
dynamic partition is supported
vendor_boot is supported
init_boot is supported
generate lines to flash spl-imx8qm-dual.bin to the partition of bootloader0
generate lines to flash partition-table-dual.img to the partition of gpt
generate lines to flash bootloader-imx8qm-dual.img to the partition of bootloader_a
generate lines to flash dtbo-imx8qm-hdmi.img to the partition of dtbo_a
generate lines to flash vendor_boot.img to the partition of vendor_boot_a
generate lines to flash init_boot.img to the partition of init_boot_a
generate lines to flash boot.img to the partition of boot_a
generate lines to flash vbmeta-imx8qm-hdmi.img to the partition of vbmeta_a
generate lines to flash super.img to the partition of super
uuu script generated, start to invoke uuu with the generated uuu script
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.4.182-0-ga561ed7

"

Any help will be appreciated.

Br, Mircea

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ahelion 

Please refer the Android Quick Start Guide:https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/ANDROID_QUICK_START_GUIDE.pdf

To test the LVDS-to-HDMI display, use the i.MX mini SAS cable to connect the LVDS-to-HDMI adapter to the "LVDS0/LVDS1" port.

To test LVDS-to-HDMI/MIPI-DSI-to-HDMI display, it does not need to use the -d option. Four display ports of LVDS0_CH0, LVDS1_CH0, MIPI_DSI0, and MIPI_DSI1 can be used for display individually or together.

Zhiming_Liu_0-1709511358235.png

Best Regards
Zhiming

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ahelion 

Please refer the Android Quick Start Guide:https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/ANDROID_QUICK_START_GUIDE.pdf

To test the LVDS-to-HDMI display, use the i.MX mini SAS cable to connect the LVDS-to-HDMI adapter to the "LVDS0/LVDS1" port.

To test LVDS-to-HDMI/MIPI-DSI-to-HDMI display, it does not need to use the -d option. Four display ports of LVDS0_CH0, LVDS1_CH0, MIPI_DSI0, and MIPI_DSI1 can be used for display individually or together.

Zhiming_Liu_0-1709511358235.png

Best Regards
Zhiming

0 Kudos