cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx93evk Yocto image(imx-image-multimedia) build fails

osihgnes
Contributor I

Dear all
I am a novice at building the Yocto Project. Therefore, I carefully followed the instructions in the i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide (Rev. LF6.6.3_1.0.0 — 29 March 2024) for setting up the environment, using the correct distribution and machine configuration for the imx93 EVK.
DISTRO="fsl-imx-wayland"
MACHINE="imx93evk"

Additionally, I added the following line to local.conf to use Chromium.
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "chromium-ozone-wayland"

However, when I tried to bitbake imx-image-multimedia, I encountered the following errors:

ERROR: Task (/home/user/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipies-devtools/gcc/gcc_13.2.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

ERROR: Task (virtual:native/home/user/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipies-devtools/rust/rust_1.70.0.bb:do_install) failed with exit code '1'

ERROR: Task (virtual:native/home/user/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipies-devtools/doxygen/doxygen_1.9.3.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

If you have any suggestions or workarounds for these errors, please let me know.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have built it successfully, this is my steps:

1) repo init -u https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-nanbield -m imx-6.6.3-1.0.0.xml
2) repo sync
3)DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx93-11x11-lpddr4x-evk source imx-setup-release.sh -b imx93-wayland

4)change the local.conf

5) bitbake imx-image-multimedia

joanxie_0-1719024311601.png

so pls check if you install all of packages for the ubuntu environment setup, you can refer to the chapter 3 Host Setup, and I use the imx93-11x11-lpddr4x-evk, but yours should be ok, maybe you can try mine again

0 Kudos