Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8qm enable lsio_mu2

Jump to solution
juanpabloruiz
Contributor I

i.MX 8 Family | i.MX 8QuadMax (8QM) | 8QuadPlus

I am trying to enable in a Linux host the lsio_mu2 (message unit 2) to passthrough it with KVM to a guest in the MCIMX8QM-CPU board. The Linux guest is booting with lsio_mu2 is status = "disabled" in DTB. Nevertheless, Linux does not boot up when lsio_mu2 is status = "okay". Also, I tried to replace the lsio_mu1 with the lsio_mu2 for the SCU as follows:

juanpabloruiz_0-1654586199542.png

But I have the same result, Linux is not booting:

juanpabloruiz_0-1654585686671.png

I am using this Yocto Linux kernel version:

Linux imx8qm-mek 5.10.74+gb0d74a58e223 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 18 17:39:28 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Do you know if I have to enable in somewhere else the lsio_mu2? 

I attach the generated DTS (preprocessed and decompiled) with lsio_mu2 instead of lsio_mu1 for reference.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peng_Fan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you look at imx8qm-mek-dom0.dts, there is node named "domu", there are init_on_rsrcs, which is indicate what resources needs to power on for communicating with SCU. you use lsio_mu2 in a VM, so need make sure lsio_mu2 is powered on, otherwise the VM will panic. 

Kernel & Virtualization Engineer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
juanpabloruiz
Contributor I

Thanks a lot Peng

By adding IMX_SC_R_MU_2A in the /domu/doma/init_on_rsrcs as you suggested it worked. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Peng_Fan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you look at imx8qm-mek-dom0.dts, there is node named "domu", there are init_on_rsrcs, which is indicate what resources needs to power on for communicating with SCU. you use lsio_mu2 in a VM, so need make sure lsio_mu2 is powered on, otherwise the VM will panic. 

Kernel & Virtualization Engineer