imx8mq eLCDIF: one base layer and one graphics overlay with alpha blending

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mq eLCDIF: one base layer and one graphics overlay with alpha blending

jignesh1
Contributor I

I read user guide of imx8mq soc and found that eLCDIF is able to do overlay with alpha blending.

Does any one have example for this usecase ?

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jignesh1
Contributor I

Hi All,

We are using kernel repository "linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel "  branch "imx_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga" for our development.

One more thing I found while going through source code. I found that eLCDIF interface driver doesn't provide overlay support. Though it was mentioned in Technical Reference Manual.  I verified it using "modetest" utility.

Is there any commit for that? This feature It is very crucial for our product.

Thanks,

Jignesh

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From the hardware point of view, the eLCDIF module of i.MX8M processor is able to perform graphics overlay with alpha blending. For details, please refer to the Section 13.2 "Enhanced LCD Interface (eLCDIF)" of the i.MX8M Reference Manual document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/i.mx-appl...

There is no ready to use software/driver to implement this feature.

Have a great day,
Artur

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jignesh1
Contributor I

Hi Artur,

Thanks for reply, When NXP is planning to release driver with overlay support in eLCDIF. ?

Is any reference driver available for this ?

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any plans to implement the i.MX8M eLCDIF driver that supports overlay. You can create your own one based on the hardware documentation.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos