cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8MQ Android-9.0.0-2.0.0 ICS43432 Mic Driver

ngreen
Contributor II

Hi All,

We are building a custom board based on i.MX8MQ processor with an ICS-43432 Microphone connected to SAI2.

We are using the Android-9.0.0-2.0.0 OS.

As we found out there is a driver for this device in the kernel files.

We copied to the device-tree (inside the root node) the node that is written in the document file for ics43432:

ics43432: ics43432 {
    compatible = "invensense,ics43432";
};

and added CONFIG_SND_SOC_ICS43432=y to the correct defconfig file, but when we run the build process, we get a message:

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/nadavg/var_imx-p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga/android_build/out/target/product/dart_mx8mq/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
Value requested for CONFIG_SND_SOC_ICS43432 not in final .config
Requested value: CONFIG_SND_SOC_ICS43432=y
Actual value:

the config line does not exist in the auto-generated .config file, and the driver never enabled.

We searched for documentations and examples for using this microphone with Android / Linux OS to find what we are missing or done wrong, but with no luck yet.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ngreen
Contributor II

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the quick response.

As I thought, we need to write a driver from scratch.
While I was waiting for an answer to the original post, I stumbled upon the thread you've added a link to.
It was hard to understand the big picture from it, as it is long, with full of changes.

So I Tried to figure it out, because the original driver (the one that is not supported) looks quite small and ordered, and started from that direction.

Hope this path to solution will be short and easy, with no more bumps.

I will let you know if we have succeeded or yet we need further help.

Thanks again

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please accept my apologies, but the mic you are working is not supported by us, but you may refer to the following thread for a mic integration using I2S on i.MX 6 for your custom implementation: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/I2S-2-channel-mems-microphone/m-p/726626

Another alternative would be to check directly with the mic manufacturer for more info about the drivers available.

Hope it helps!

BR,

Ivan.