iMX8MPlus: Does the MIPI-CSI interface require the low-speed signaling?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

iMX8MPlus: Does the MIPI-CSI interface require the low-speed signaling?

跳至解决方案
154 次查看
asydhom
Contributor II

Hi,

Our customer E4D raised the following question:

Questions have arisen around whether we can just wire up the differential pairs for:

Clock Lane, Data Lane 0, Data Lane 1, Data Lane 2, Data Lane 3 directly to the i.mx8MPlus's 1st CSI port "CSI1",

or do we need to provide the low-speed signaling out of the FPGA also.  That involves still involves only differential pairs

going into the i.mx8, but the FPGA has to provide extra output pins and termination to allow the extra pins to drive low-speed bi-directional

signaling.

What raises the question is that Lattice shows multiple ways to wire up the part, one of which omits the LS (low-speed) signaling.

It would simplify our design, but we are unsure whether it would work, as most sources claim you need both HS and LS signaling support

for MIPI-CSI2 to work.

Can you confirm whether the i.mx8MPlus requires the low-speed signaling?  And if not, how to configure the part to allow high-speed only?

For reference, this is the interfacing Lattice proposes for HS & LS signaling:

asydhom_0-1718994278741.png

And this is the interfacing they propose for HS-only signaling:

asydhom_1-1718994278775.png

Thanks.

Ayman

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
128 次查看
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

i.MX 8MP require the connected camera to work in the LP state before enabling the Rx DPHY. if only HS signal, the Dphy would couldn't detect the HS mode and wrongly set to the stop mode for ever

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数
129 次查看
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

i.MX 8MP require the connected camera to work in the LP state before enabling the Rx DPHY. if only HS signal, the Dphy would couldn't detect the HS mode and wrongly set to the stop mode for ever

0 项奖励
回复
94 次查看
asydhom
Contributor II

Thanks a lot.

Ayman

0 项奖励
回复