cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6ULZ SDIO firmware issues

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi,

When I used kernel 4.19, I connected iMX6ULZ SDIO using Marvel firmware linux-firmware-sd8801 for WiFi SDIO. Since I upgraded to kernel 5.10, the Marvell WiFi is broken, because Marvell WiFi group was acquired by NXP, could you please advise what Marvell SDIO firmware should be used for kernel 5.10?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jupiter_hce ,

you can get firmware from the link: https://github.com/NXP/mwifiex-firmware/tree/master/mrvl, 

weidong_sun_0-1638337986003.png

For 5.10.x linux bsp, you can find wifi release note here:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

weidong_sun_1-1638338125679.png

for wifi4, you can use iw416. see the release note, please!

Have a good day!

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi weidong,

Thanks for your response and links, I actually already installed and run the firmware sd8801_uapsta.bin in our iMX6ULZ device.

Here are 2 issues:

(a) That firmware was running well for kernel 4.19, and it is broken when we upgraded to kernel 5.10.

(b) There is a bug in firmware to cause WiFi crash for WiFi reset, we tested both mwifiex reset or iMX6ULZ SDIO reset, both broken WiFi connections and could not be recovered, we have to run power reboot.

Are you able to fix those bugs?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jupiter_hce 

Let us discuss the question in email.

Check your email,please!

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi weidong,

I sent you email response many weeks ago, but I haven't received your response, are you still looking at it or not? Could you please update me the process?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

jh

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

More information:

The WiFi chip is based on the Marvell Avastar 88W8801 chipset, any sd8801 firmware update or your Marvell engineers can fix it on kernel 5.10?

0 Kudos