Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6UL - Qt Quick 2D Renderer

Jump to solution
stefanozuincast
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm trying to develop a graphic application based in Qt (5.6) Quick 2 which uses openGL. My device is an iMX6UL and doesn't have a GPU, as image I have the FSL Yocto Krogoth 2.1 fsl-image-qt5. Reading manuals from FSL I discovered that I could use Qt Quick 2D Renderer to run Qt Quick 2 apps with a dummy libraries of openGL.

I built the 2D Renderer by doing qmake; make; make install; without errors using the qmake made by meta-toolchain-qt5. Then, before run the application, I set the environment variables QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext and QT_QPA_PLATFORM=linuxfb.

But unfortunately get the next error:

This plugin does not support createPlatformOpenGLContext!
Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile  0)

I also tried with QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs, but get:

EGL_EXT_device_base missing

So, what I'm missing?? How can I verify if qt is configured with openGL es2 and if Qt 2D Renderer is correctly installed??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stefanozuincast
Contributor III

I'm using Linux 4.1.15-6UL.

But finally I get my system working by updating Qt to version 5.8 from the openembedded meta-qt5 layer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I got information as beloww:

"

No GPU on 6UL, thus a software XServer solution is the option, however the fsl-image-qt5 build does not correctly provide the necessary packages for the software solution when on the i.MX 6UL. Specifically these two are needed for XServer to use software mode: libglx.so and swrast_dri.so.

Here is the one line for testing <build>/conf/local.conf to provide support for a total GLX software solution on the i.MX 6ULEVK:

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "mesa-megadriver xserver-xorg-extension-glx"

Then:
$ bitbake fsl-image-qt5

"

try to test it.

0 Kudos
stefanozuincast
Contributor III

mmm, I've tryed try what you said but doesn't found recipe xserver-xorg-extension-glx

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'xserver-xorg-extension-glx'

is the correct one??

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this is for bs Linux 3.14.38_6UL GA, did you use this? haven't tested on other bsp

0 Kudos
stefanozuincast
Contributor III

I'm using Linux 4.1.15-6UL.

But finally I get my system working by updating Qt to version 5.8 from the openembedded meta-qt5 layer.