cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M mini TMU DC offset issue

Jump to solution
Tori-san
Contributor III
Hello, According to the IMX8MMRM.pdf clause 5.4.6, hardware will do 1 point calibration. And when I tried the following command, response was shown below. "cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/slope" returns "1" and "cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/offset" returns "0". Does that mean hardware calibration use not slope-intercept form but linear function? Doesn't it mean that each IMX8M mini has no DC offset?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@Tori-san 
Hello,

In out BSP, we have the fsl,imx8mm-tmu driver implemented in /drivers/thermal/imx8mm_thermal.c, which is enabled by default. One thing to note is that (in tmu_get_temp) the driver will report the value stored in TRITSR as current temperature, which means that the 1-point hardware calibration value is returned. If the customer wants to do the 2-points software calibration, they will have to update the driver by applying the formula described in the RM on the values returned in the registers. To get the result, there is an interface for the driver in /sys/class/thermal.

Regards,
Yuri.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@Tori-san 
Hello,

In out BSP, we have the fsl,imx8mm-tmu driver implemented in /drivers/thermal/imx8mm_thermal.c, which is enabled by default. One thing to note is that (in tmu_get_temp) the driver will report the value stored in TRITSR as current temperature, which means that the 1-point hardware calibration value is returned. If the customer wants to do the 2-points software calibration, they will have to update the driver by applying the formula described in the RM on the values returned in the registers. To get the result, there is an interface for the driver in /sys/class/thermal.

Regards,
Yuri.

Tori-san
Contributor III
Hi Yuri, Thank you for your reply. I understood that the 1-point calibrated value will be stored in TRITSR (Addr: 3026_0020h) and it enabled by default. I also understood the 2-points calibration is not currently supported by im8mm_thermal.c. I interpret that the slope and offset under /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0 are not used. Best regards, Tori-san.
Tori-san
Contributor III
Hi Tech Support. Is this community not supported by IE? It seems that line breaks are not worked.
0 Kudos