i.MX8M Mini: VPU H1 Encoder image down-scaling not supported?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M Mini: VPU H1 Encoder image down-scaling not supported?

vincentz63
Contributor IV

I am trying to use the image down-scaler on the i.MX8M Mini prior to encoding video to H.264 with the H1.

However function EWLReadAsicConfig() returns cfg_info.scalingEnabled set to EWL_HW_CONFIG_NOT_SUPPORTED, implying it is not supported!

Page 4759 of the Ref Manual Rev. 3, 11/2020 states that the preprocessing block is able to do Image down-scaling using a "Proprietary averaging filter".

The manual state above that the pre-processing is pipelined with the encoder and can oly be used with the H1. This is exactly my use case.

The datasheet (IMX8MMCEC) does not make any mention of the down-scaling being disabled on some i.XM8M Mini and not others.

I have tried to ignore the scalingEnabled flag in the imx-vpu-hantro library and set the scaledWidth and scaledHeight variables anyway, but the image is not down-scaled.

Can you please confirm whether the down-scaling works with the H1 on the i.MX8M Mini?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

vincentz63
Contributor IV

Could you please provide more details? Is there a workaround or another solution?

I guess the next best thing is to use the 3D GPU? Any comment? If so, can you provide guidance to make use of it in the context of a GStreamer app that needs lowest possible latency?

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

No sorry, it won;t work.

Regards

0 Kudos

vincentz63
Contributor IV

Can you elaborate? Is the documentation wrong? Is there a bug in the ASIC? Any workaround?

0 Kudos