i.MX8 MSCALE DDR Tool update?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8 MSCALE DDR Tool update?

tom_perman
Contributor III

Is V2.10 of i.MX8 MSCALE DDR Tool, as found at i.MX8 MSCALE SERIES DDR Tool Release (V2.10) , the most recent release?

I have found some discrepancies between the lpddr4_timing.c generated by the tool, and the lpddr4_timing.c as found in the i.MX Linux Yocto Project BSP 4.14.98_2.0.0 Release, both corresponding to the imx8mm evk. 

One of these discrepancies appears to be an error in the DDR Tool. Specifically register 0x3d400024 (DDRC_DERATEINT) is generated as 0x3a980, but the value of 0x16e3600, as found in the latest source, appears to be correct. There appears to have been an error in powers of ten in V2.10.  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The i.MX8 MSCALE SERIES DDR Tool Release (V2.10)  resource contains the recent

releases; in particular LPDDR4 RPA of v.24, which incorporates "options for LPDDR4 MR4 manual de-rate workaround - Temperature Derating Options (pull down menu in register configuration)".

https://community.nxp.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/340179-52-456897/MX8M_LPDDR4_RPA_v24.xlsx   

Have a great day,

Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

tom_perman
Contributor III

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the confirmation that the V2.10 release is the most recent. 

We are using the iMX8M Mini in our design and therefore the file MX8M_Mini_LPDDR4_RPA_v14.xlsx is relevant in our case. This doesn't have the "LPDDR4 MR4 manual de-rate workaround" that you refer to. I'm assuming this only applies to the iMX8M and not iMX8MM. 

The discrepancy I describe is between Yocto Release and MX8M_Mini_LPDDR4_RPA_v14.xlsx. I believe that Yocto release has the correct value for register 0x3d400024 (DDRC_DERATEINT). 

Thanks,

Tom 

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I've sent You more details directly.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri