[i.MX7D] When the device disabled all the Ethernet modules, the system crashed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[i.MX7D] When the device disabled all the Ethernet modules, the system crashed

alex_cheng1
Contributor I

The device uses 2G IM DDR3. I use fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga BSP(Yocto 2.1) to bring up the device.
When I type "ifconfig eth0 down" and "ifconfig eth1 down" to disable all the Ethernet modules, the system crashed.
The files in the attached file include the debug log file and the file that modifies the debug message.

It appears in the debug log file that when it enters the low power mode, the DDR clock frequency changes from 533 MHZ to 24 MHZ. The system is still alive.
However, when the low power mode is changed to normal mode, the DDR clock frequency is changed from 24 MHZ to 533 MHZ. At this point, the system will hang.

Can you help me to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Alex Cheng

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

funnel3
Contributor I

Hi,

Did you resolve this issue?  I am seeing exactly the same problem.  I'm running kernel tag rel_imx_4.9.x_1.0.0_ga.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex

seems attached files differ from nxps provided on source.codeaurora.org:

mach-imx\arm\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

also one can try to find new ddr calibration settings with ddr test

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105652 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos