i.MX7D SDMA for mem-to-ext peripheral transfers?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7D SDMA for mem-to-ext peripheral transfers?

Jump to solution
thomasdoerfler
Contributor II

Hi,

I intend to use the i.MX7D SDMA engine to transfer a byte stream from system memory (DDR RAM) to an FPGA attached to the EIM. The FPGA should be able to trigger transfers using DRQ lines.

I have the SDMA up and running for mem-to-mem transfers (using the ap_2_ap script), but I still have two challenges:

- the SDMA should not increment the destination (FPGA) address from one byte to the next

- each byte should be triggered with the external event (DRQ line)

For i.MX6, there seems to be a ap_2_ap_fixed script, but I don't see it documented for the i.MX7.

Any hints?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ceggers
Contributor V

Hi Thomas,

I have created tools (binutils port + plugin for Lauterbach Trace32) for developing and debugging custom SDMA scripts. It seems that you are already familiar with the basics of the SDMA, so you could easily modify the existing scripts for your need.

Alternatively I can do the necessary customization for you. I should be able to do this within a few days.

Please contact me directly (German preferred )  for more details.

regards
Christian

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ceggers
Contributor V

Hi Thomas,

I have created tools (binutils port + plugin for Lauterbach Trace32) for developing and debugging custom SDMA scripts. It seems that you are already familiar with the basics of the SDMA, so you could easily modify the existing scripts for your need.

Alternatively I can do the necessary customization for you. I should be able to do this within a few days.

Please contact me directly (German preferred )  for more details.

regards
Christian

thomasdoerfler
Contributor II

Christian,

this really sounds interesting. Having an adapted script with the required functionality enables the SDMA to fulfill its purpose in my application.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi thomasdoerfler

I am afraid such script is not available (not "officially" supported), sorry.

One can try to develop custom script using tutorial : http://billauer.co.il/blog/2011/10/imx-sdma-howto-memory-map/

or with Professional Services: https://contact.nxp.com/new-prof-svcs-sw-tech

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos