显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

i.MX7 yocto cross-compiler issue

2,928 次查看
waynelou
Contributor I

Hi all,

I have downloaded i.MX7 dual Linux4.1.15 yocto BSP by following method.

$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1-krogoth -m imx-4.1.15-2.0.0.xml
$ repo sync

I can use bitbake to build out gui image and boot the board.

$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 MACHINE=imx7dsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-x11

$ bitbake fsl-image-gui

But now when I add some external package bb file in source directory and try to build out into rootfs. I am facing below error:

ERROR: uim-git-r1+gitrAUTOINC+c73894456d do_compile: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: uim-git-r1+gitrAUTOINC+c73894456d do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/wayne/L4.1.15/fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/uim/git-r1+gitrAUTOINC+c73894456d/temp/log.do_compile.4786)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/wayne/L4.1.15/fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/uim/git-r1+gitrAUTOINC+c73894456d/temp/log.do_compile.4786
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| NOTE: make -j 4 CC=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc
| CC uim.o
| uim.c:18:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
| compilation terminated.
| make: *** [uim.o] Error 1
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/wayne/L4.1.15/fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/uim/git-r1+gitrAUTOINC+c73894456d/temp/log.do_compile.4786)
ERROR: Task 1175 (/home/wayne/L4.1.15/fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/uim/uim_git.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4590 tasks of which 4589 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (4209 of 7281)

It seems that toolchain arm-poky-linux-gnueabi lack some C library. Could anyone provide some help.

Thanks very much.

BR,

Wayne

标签 (2)
0 项奖励
回复
3 回复数

1,646 次查看
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Also, the following approach may be interesting.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328199 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 项奖励
回复

1,646 次查看
daweichen
Contributor III

You may need to modify the Makefile  of your software package or modify your .bb file to pass whatever settings required to the Makefile.  I assume your .bb recipe provides instructions to compile a software package. 

When you use Yocto .bb to build a software package, the "CC" variable value is automatically defined  by Yocto and --sysroot is set to the BSP's rootfs.

I often had to change Makefiles  to not let  "CC" orverriden.

e.g.

Yocto defines CC = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  <and some CPU specific options>"

Makefile (example)

CC = -g -O2    <--- this assignment statement overrides the default defined by Yocto and may also switch the compiler to a different or a non-existent compiler.

A potential fix is "CC ?= -g -O2"   <--- this statement will initialize CC only when CC has not been assigned.

Anyway, this is just a probably cause.  You may want want to read documents on Yocto and openembedded.

Sometimes I like to bypass the Yocto bitbake and .bb recipe file.

I would just use the toolchain directly.

Here are the general steps for creating the toolchain.

1. After you have created a BSP image for your target with a bitbake command, execute the following command to prepare for installation of a SDK

"bitbake <bsp-image-name> -c populate_sdk"

e.g. "bitbake core-image-base -c populate_sdk"

2. After the command is finished, deploy the sdk. 

a. Go to  ../<BSP>/<build dir>/tmp/deploy/sdk

b. sudo ./<whatever the name of the .sh script file>

c. Use the default installation location.

3. Start a new shell session and go to /opt/<whatever the name>/

find the "environmentXYZ.sh"

4. Execute the .sh with the "source" command"

5. At this point the shell session should have all necessary environment variables for the cross-compiler toolchain.

6. In the same shell session run the target Makefile.  Note:  You may still need modify the Makefile to eliminate any potential override.

Note: you can look at the environmentXYZ.sh file to see what environment variables have been added to the shell session.

You'll see how "CC" is defined and etc...

good luck!

0 项奖励
回复

1,646 次查看
waynelou
Contributor I

Hi Dawei,

Thanks for your help.

I have solved the issue by sourcing the environmentXXX.sh.

BR,

Wayne

0 项奖励
回复