i.MX6q OpenVG: possible to increase maximum image size to be 1920x1080?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6q OpenVG: possible to increase maximum image size to be 1920x1080?

Jump to solution
seanlee
Contributor I

Hello,

I recently purchased an i.MX6q Sabre-SD board and have been experimenting with the OpenVG API.  I've installed the software found here: i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool Resources Product Summary Page and am using the oneirc rootfs image.

I installed the gpu-viv-bin-mx6q_3.0.35-4.1.0_armel.deb package (had to remove a conflicting package to do this) and have built/run the OpenVG samples in gpu_sdk_v1.00.tar.gz.

One thing that I've observed is that the maximum width and height of an OpenVG image is 1280x1280.  When I call vgCreateImage with dimensions greater (say 1920x1080), it returns a VG_INVALID_HANDLE value (as expected).  My question is whether or not the maximum VG Image dimensions can be adjusted to match the egl surface dimensions of 1920x1080?

I modified the OpenVg/Example1/Example1.c code to have an additional function:

static int check_bounds() {
   EGLint qwidth = 0; 
   EGLint qheight = 0; 

eglQuerySurface(egldisplay, eglsurface, EGL_WIDTH, &qwidth);
   eglQuerySurface(egldisplay, eglsurface, EGL_HEIGHT, &qheight);

printf("[info]: egl width: %d, egl height: %d\n", qwidth, qheight);

VGint imageMaxWidth = vgGeti(VG_MAX_IMAGE_WIDTH);
   VGint imageMaxHeight = vgGeti(VG_MAX_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

printf("[info]: imageMaxWidth: %d, imageMaxHeight: %d\n", imageMaxWidth, imageMaxHeight);

return 0;
}

And the output is:

[info]: egl width: 1920, egl height: 1080
[info]: imageMaxWidth: 1280, imageMaxHeight: 1280

Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In Ubuntu BSP The screen resolution is stuck at 640x480, It is recommended not to change it, Besides of the GPU sdk was not tested with Ubuntu Image, I strongly recommend to try run your OpenVG demos with Latest Linux BSP Images.

Perhaps 1980x1080 resolution is not supported. Please try to set some another resolution like 1280x720.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In Ubuntu BSP The screen resolution is stuck at 640x480, It is recommended not to change it, Besides of the GPU sdk was not tested with Ubuntu Image, I strongly recommend to try run your OpenVG demos with Latest Linux BSP Images.

Perhaps 1980x1080 resolution is not supported. Please try to set some another resolution like 1280x720.

Regards

0 Kudos