cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DL, Dora, 3.10.9: Enabling PCIe in Build Kills Boot

Jump to solution
leoschwab
Contributor III

I'm working off Yocto's Dora branch.  I'm also using kernel branch imx_3.10.9_1.0.0_alpha.  I just last week got our board booting to a login prompt, and now I'm ready to enable PCIe support.  Trouble is, the moment I add status = "okay"; to the DTS file, the kernel doesn't boot any more.  No kernel messages appear at all; I just get U-Boot's "Starting kernel ..." message, and that's it.  Our JTAG unit also apparently can't tell me where things have gone south, as it claims it can't halt the CPU (?!?).

Anyone seen anything remotely like this before?  Any suggestions of where to look?

I also see that, since I've started work, a new branch named imx_3.10.17_1.0.0_beta has appeared; should I retarget our work for that?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
Re: i.MX6DL, Dora, 3.10.9: Enabling PCIe in Build Kills Boot

Yuan ZhaoEmployee

Did you plug  any pcie card into the slot?  If no pcie card was plugged-in, PCIe will not be link-up and emulated, in theory, there will be little influence to the system. So you can remove the pcie card if you connected one, and take one try.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
leoschwab
Contributor III

After looking at some of the changes between kernel branches imx_3.10.9_1.0.0_alpha and imx_3.10.17_1.0.0_beta (the PCIe driver in particular has undergone a fair number of changes), it's beginning to look like I should cut over to the new branch.  Do expert observers concur?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
Re: i.MX6DL, Dora, 3.10.9: Enabling PCIe in Build Kills Boot

Yuan ZhaoEmployee

Did you plug  any pcie card into the slot?  If no pcie card was plugged-in, PCIe will not be link-up and emulated, in theory, there will be little influence to the system. So you can remove the pcie card if you connected one, and take one try.

0 Kudos