i.MX25 unit tests

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX25 unit tests

albert_arquer
Contributor I

Hi, this might be a bit of silly question but here it goes.

When i build the kernel using the Linux-Target-Image-Builder (ltib) for the i.MX25 PDK a directory called "unit_tests" is created on the root directory. I assume these are tests probided by freescale to test the i.MX25 peripherics and this kind of stuff.

The thing is that I am very intereted on the source code of these test files but I can't seem to find them anywhere in the file system nor in the /ltib/ directory.

Anyone can tell me where they are located???

Thanks a lot in advanced :)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Albert,

Don't hesitate to ask. This is the right place for trivial or not trivial questions.

imx-test is the newer test package, so if your BSP already has the imx-test package, please use this one instead imx-misc.

The prep option only unpack the package at rpm/BUILD/<package folder>, so to install a specific package you have 2 options:

1 - use prep, scbuild and scdeploy as mentioned before

2 - use:  ./ltib -p <pakage name> -f    (it will prep, build and deploy in a single command)

If you want to clear, you can simply remove the folder rpm/BUILD/<package name> . It will not clear the content of your rootfs. 

Rgds,

Rogerio

0 Kudos

albert_arquer
Contributor I

Rogerio, I already had the option "Include Kernel Headers" active all along. It still gives me the same error.

However, I have find another package called imx-test which seems to include even more testing programs than mxc-imx. Do you happen to know the difference between them?

Also, I don't quiet get the ltib tool. For example if I type "./ltib -p imx-test -m clean" it says that "imx-test is not installes" even if I have just run "./ltib -p imx-test -m install" right before.

I also don't get the difference between the option "prep" and "install". I mean, either way the package is getting uncompressed in /rpm/BUILD/ right?

I hate to ask fot all this trivial things, I would really appreciate it if you could point me to a tutorial or document where I could learn these answers myself.

Thanks a lot once again.

0 Kudos

rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You need to add the kernel headers.

Call ./ltib -c and mark "Include Kernel Headers" option.

You can try to build the unit tests again.

Rgds,

Rogerio

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi Albert,

As already said by Rogerio, Install the supported packages, in the sequence. that itself is a solution.

You might need to be a root, if you want to install the mxc-misc package.

0 Kudos

albert_arquer
Contributor I

Hi, I hate to bother you again but this morning I tried what you said first thing and I got the following error. I looked at google but I guess it is too specific. Following I am pasting the last chunk of the output where I think the error seems to be.

Building mxc_v4l2_test/make[2]: Entering directory `/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/test/mxc_v4l2_test'mkdir -p `dirname /home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/platform/IMX25_3STACK/mxc_v4l2_test//mxc_v4l2_output.out`echo "     Building /home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/platform/IMX25_3STACK/mxc_v4l2_test//mxc_v4l2_output.out"     Building /home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/platform/IMX25_3STACK/mxc_v4l2_test//mxc_v4l2_output.outgcc -g -I/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/include -I/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux/include -I/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux/include -I/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux/include2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common mxc_v4l2_output.c  -o /home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/platform/IMX25_3STACK/mxc_v4l2_test//mxc_v4l2_output.outmxc_v4l2_output.c:45:28: error: asm/arch/mxcfb.h: No such file or directorymxc_v4l2_output.c: In function 'mxc_v4l_output_test':mxc_v4l2_output.c:127: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 2 has type '__time_t'mxc_v4l2_output.c:127: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 3 has type '__suseconds_t'mxc_v4l2_output.c: In function 'fb_setup':mxc_v4l2_output.c:266: error: storage size of 'fb_var' isn't knownmxc_v4l2_output.c:267: error: storage size of 'fb_fix' isn't knownmxc_v4l2_output.c:268: error: storage size of 'color_key' isn't knownmxc_v4l2_output.c:269: error: storage size of 'alpha' isn't knownmxc_v4l2_output.c:287: error: 'FBIOGET_FSCREENINFO' undeclared (first use in this function)mxc_v4l2_output.c:287: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only oncemxc_v4l2_output.c:287: error: for each function it appears in.)mxc_v4l2_output.c:296: error: 'FBIOGET_VSCREENINFO' undeclared (first use in this function)mxc_v4l2_output.c:312: error: 'MXCFB_SET_GBL_ALPHA' undeclared (first use in this function)mxc_v4l2_output.c:319: error: 'MXCFB_SET_CLR_KEY' undeclared (first use in this function)mxc_v4l2_output.c:269: warning: unused variable 'alpha'mxc_v4l2_output.c:268: warning: unused variable 'color_key'mxc_v4l2_output.c:267: warning: unused variable 'fb_fix'mxc_v4l2_output.c:266: warning: unused variable 'fb_var'mxc_v4l2_output.c:422:43: warning: multi-character character constantmxc_v4l2_output.c:427:41: warning: multi-character character constantmake[2]: *** [/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/platform/IMX25_3STACK/mxc_v4l2_test//mxc_v4l2_output.out] Error 1make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/test/mxc_v4l2_test'
Building mxc_vpu_test/make[2]: Entering directory `/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/test/mxc_vpu_test'make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/test/mxc_vpu_test'
Building wdog/make[2]: Entering directory `/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/test/wdog'make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/test/wdog'make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/rpm/BUILD/misc/test'error: Bad exit status from /home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.77383 (%build)

RPM build errors:    Bad exit status from /home/server-mx21/SASME/software/firmware/L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_source/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.77383 (%build)Build time for mxc-misc: 2 seconds
Failed building mxc-misc

f_scbuild() returned an error, exitingtraceback: main:560
Exiting on error or interrupt

0 Kudos

albert_arquer
Contributor I
Thanks a lot Rogerio!
0 Kudos

rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can unpack them using: