i.MX 8QuadMax MEK board(Android Automotive 11.0.0_2.3.0)Android UI does not start

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 8QuadMax MEK board(Android Automotive 11.0.0_2.3.0)Android UI does not start

geekdarcy
Contributor III
Hi everyone,
I am working with i.MX 8QuadMax MEK board(Android Automotive 11.0.0_2.3.0 (Linux 5.10.52 Kernel)​​). 

I have tried to use both prebuilt automotive-11.0.0_2.3.0_image_8qmek_car.tar images, and built by myself - UI stuck on boot screen after flashing the device.

To make a first flash I have used UUU-1.4.139, after that I am working with emmc boot and fastboot flashing script.

I am observing, basically issues: 
"Could not find 'android.hardware.graphics.composer@2.1::IComposer/default' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 259 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)"
This error shows that android graphics HAL hang.

But I burned the same package(automotive-11.0.0_2.3.0_image_8qmek_car.ta) on i.MX 8QuadXPlus MEK board, and the Android UI can be started normally
I have also tried automotive-10.0.0_2.4.0_image_8qmek_car.tar on i.MX 8QuadMax MEK,and the Android UI can be started normally.

Does anyone know what's going on ? Any clue about that error?
Could you help me with this? Log is attached.

Kind regards!
0 Kudos
4 Replies

geekdarcy
Contributor III

Some updates:

We have fixed this issue with the patch in the attachment.
We just disabled emmc CQHCI feature.Because our EMMC version is 5.1.

Our views are as follows :

EMMC CQHCI is for improving the performance of the eMMC.
It does not mean that it cannot be used, and there may be a problem on the firmware side of mmc, so
We judge that this measure (disable EMMC CQHCI) is appropriate at this time.

Please I.MX expert help to confirm !

Kind regards!

0 Kudos

geekdarcy
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

For some updates, we found that these issues and these errors will only appear during the first Android boot after flashing the machine. After the first long boot, the subsequent ones can be started quickly.

This is more like a hardware issue. Maybe it has something to do with emmc.

We sincerely ask for some advice from the experts at NXP.

Kind regards!

0 Kudos

geekdarcy
Contributor III

With some updates, I found that after about two hours of placement Android finished booting and all com.android.* services finished booting.
We are very confused about this error, please provide any clues

0 Kudos

geekdarcy
Contributor III

Some updates, I found that after about two minutes the graphic hal finished starting, but none of the com.android.* services finished starting.

0 Kudos