connecting i.MX6sl (imx6slevk) and E-INK panel(IMXEBOOKDC4)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting i.MX6sl (imx6slevk) and E-INK panel(IMXEBOOKDC4)

yan2anfei
Contributor III

here we use pre-build L4.1.15_1.1.0-ga Linux as our boot-image, steps to setup/boot/test EPDC:

1. download and decompress BSP pre-build image package .

2. program the SD image on your SD card(>800 MBytes) with command(I'm running this in Ubuntu): "dd if=fsl-image-gui-imx6slevk.sdcard of=/dev/sdb;sync"

3. insert SD card on i.MX6slevk board, connect debug-UART and power-on the board

4. modify the u-boot environment variables as below:

a.) setenv fdt_file imx6slevk.dtb

b.) setenv mmcargs 'setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} epdc video=mxcepdcfb:E060XH2C1,bpp=16'
          (originally this is "mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot}")

5. boot into Linux kernel, run unit-test: "/unit_tests/mxc_epdc_fb_test.out", should be able to have test patterns running on EPD.

IMG_20160523_105613.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, check that the EPD daughter card is properly connected to the i.MX6SL EVK board.

Then, refer to the Table 11 (Pages 21 and 23) of the L4.1.15_1.1.0-ga Linux BSP Release Notes document. As suggested there, add the following parameter to the kernel command line:

"video=mxc_elcdif_fb:off"

before enabling the EPDC. Also, try the bpp=8 parameter for the EPDC instead of bpp=16.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

yan2anfei
Contributor III

hi Artur,

thanks for you answer and sorry for not updating my post and answering sooner, 

I just try to set the  bpp = 8 ,However, the phenomenon did not improve,I am ready to change imx7.thanks 

Best Regards,

yan2anfei

0 Kudos