Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto iMX SSH

Jump to solution
MichaelBMiner
Contributor IV

Hello All,

I have used Yocto to build to images. core-image-minimal and imx-image-core. Searching through the recipes and layers I see that many SSH implementations are included. 

I have booted my device and used a terminal to verify it boots. Using the "help" command I get a list of available commands. However "ifconfig" and "ip" are not there as I would expect. The commands I do have are in the list below. 

This list came from the core-image-minimal build. I am flashing the device with the imx-image-core image. However looking into the layers and recipes (in the conf files) they appear to be the same. Is there a setting or minimum image I have to build to get basic SSH functionality?

Edit 1:

I have loaded my imx-image-core on my SD card. The "ifconfig" and "ip" commands still do not exist. However running the command "bdinfo" I get the following information.

current eth = ethernet@20b4000
ethaddr = 00:04:9f:06:f4:cc
IP addr = <NULL>

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The core-image-minimal only support device boot.So there will be no ethernet function.You should try imx-image-multimedia or imx-image-full.The ssh function has been included in these two image.

nxf65025_0-1642122432354.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The core-image-minimal only support device boot.So there will be no ethernet function.You should try imx-image-multimedia or imx-image-full.The ssh function has been included in these two image.

nxf65025_0-1642122432354.png

0 Kudos
MichaelBMiner
Contributor IV

I see that description but I find it confusing as the OpenSSH, SSHLib and more are included in the sources, downloads and recipes. 

I just finished an fsl-image-machine-test build and I am able to read an IP address. Is there a place that lists what features are available to each image build? 

Also if the SSH and Networking sources are included in the minimal build, why are they not "turned on". 

0 Kudos