Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto Linux defconfig question

Jump to solution
ottoblom
Contributor III

Hi There,

In the LTIB 4.1.0 BSP release it was very clear which files defined the platform in the arch/mach-imx6 along with a imx6_defconfig file. However, no such luck in the Yocto 1.0.0 BSP. As far as I can tell there is only one defconfig file (imx_v7_defconfig), that confusingly enough defines

CONFIG_SOC_IMX53=y

CONFIG_SOC_IMX6Q=y

CONFIG_SOC_IMX6SL=y

Is this the correct defconfig file for a imx6qsabresd ? And if so, how can one figure that out ? How is the kernel customized if I wanted to build for an imx3 device instead ? I realize the changes to the kernel is made to make it easier to maintain and increase code-reuse and I'm sure it will all make a lot of sense to me later, but not yet.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend !

/Otto

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ottoblom
Contributor III

Ok, maybe this can help someone else - The Yocto 1.0.0 BSP uses device trees for most of the board-specific items. The top-level dts file for the imx6qsabresd is located at tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.10.17-r0/git/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-sabresd.dts. Note that it in turn includes several other files.

Still confusing that the imx_v7_defconfig defines three different IMX SOCs, but maybe there are good reasons for that

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ottoblom
Contributor III

Ok, maybe this can help someone else - The Yocto 1.0.0 BSP uses device trees for most of the board-specific items. The top-level dts file for the imx6qsabresd is located at tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.10.17-r0/git/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-sabresd.dts. Note that it in turn includes several other files.

Still confusing that the imx_v7_defconfig defines three different IMX SOCs, but maybe there are good reasons for that

0 Kudos
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

imx_v7_defconfig builds all the imx that are armv7: mx51, mx53 and mx6.

In the past we used to have a defconfig per board. Currently we tend to group the defconfigs as much as we can.

0 Kudos