cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto : Adding glibc libraries to the rootfs

senthilkumarcha
Contributor III

Hi,

I am building binaries for our custom board(iMX7) using Yocto-morty. I need some libraries such as UTF-32.so, UTF-16.so, UTF-7.so from glibc package for bluetooth file tranfer. But these libraries are not available in the rootfs, only files available under /usr/lib/gconv are gconv-modules and ISO8859-1.so. So I am trying to add these libraries by adding new bbappend file glibc_2.24.bbappend with the following content

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FILES_${PN} += "${libdir}/gconv/*"

do_install_locale_append() {
cp -r ${dest}${libdir}/gconv ${D}${libdir}/
}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But it results in the following error:

ERROR: glibc-2.24-r0 do_populate_sysroot: The recipe glibc is trying to install files into a shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:

build_dir/tmp/sysroots/esomimx7d/usr/lib/gconv/ISO-2022-CN.so  Matched in b'manifest-esomimx7d-glibc-locale.populate_sysroot'

build_dir/tmp/sysroots/esomimx7d/usr/lib/gconv/ARMSCII-8.so Matched in b'manifest-esomimx7d-glibc-locale.populate_sysroot'

Then I tried to remove the glibc-locale from the image but due to some dependency issues I could not do that.

Could anyone help me to add the above mentioned libraries to the rootfs?

Thanks in advance

C.Senthillkumar.

Labels (2)
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Senthilkumar Chandran,

I’ve seen that you posted this question in an external forum and it has been answered there. I’m adding the link in case it could help other community users:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48334645/yocto-adding-glibc-libraries-to-the-rootfs

Regards,