cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Problem with Xen Hypervisor

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am using i.MX8QM board to develop a project. Also, I have a wifi module that I assembled to the board. When I boot my Yocto image without Xen hypervisor, I can connect any wireless connection that I shared from another devices. However, if I boot it as domain-0 with the Xen support (with run xenmmcboot command in the U-boot stage), whether I create the guest domain (DomU) or not, enable wifi command in connmanctl shell gives an error as given in the attachments (Error wifi: Method "SetProperty" with signature "sv" on interface "net.connman.Technology" doesn't exist). Then, I create a DomU and change my console to it with xl console DomU command. In the DomU console, I tried to use enable wifi command like I did before in Domain-0 console and works for this time. I cannot figure out how wifi works for DomU but not work in Dom0.

I would also like to point out that when I remove the WiFi module from the imx8qm in a normal boot (not with Xen) and try to run enable wifi command. It gives exactly same error that I faced in Domain-0. That means in Domain-0, It acts like there is no hardware about the wifi. Is there any idea to understand or fix this issue?

Best Regards.

Nevzat.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Is probably that dom0 is used by kernel and privilege data, if you run the normal image is this happens you need build the kernel to see if there is no other conflicts in hardware or check your dtb.

Regards

0 Kudos

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hi @Bio_TICFSL ,

Thanks for your response but your answer was not very clear to me. 

Normal boot -> Wifi works

Xen Domain-0 -> Wifi fails (given error)

Xen DomU -> Wifi works

If we assume as you said that dom0 is used by kernel and previliege data, how can I arrange it to avoid this situation? I want to determine which domain (domain-0 or domU) shall work with selectable.

Best Regards,

Nevzat

0 Kudos