Where can I find MCU-Link flash driver for i.MXRT1024?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find MCU-Link flash driver for i.MXRT1024?

Jump to solution
rvigneault
Contributor III

Hi!

I am trying to use the MCU-Link with our i.MXRT1024 MCU in MCUXpresso IDE but when trying to flash using the GUI Flash Tool I see that the Default Flash Driver is not set.

I looked into i.MXRT1024's page (as I saw in this ticket) but I cannot find it into the Software section like I found it into MPC5777M's page (this is the one for the ticket) as "MPC5700 C55FG Flash Standard Software Driver".

Did I missed something?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rvigneault ,

You are always welcome!

Sorry for my later reply because of our China National Day vocation, we will back to work from 10.8.

In the vocation, just give you the simple reply:

kerryzhou_0-1696392785939.png

Use this path:

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.8.0_1165\ide\binaries\Flash

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rvigneault ,

If your MCU-LINK is using the CMSIS DAP as the debugger, then you just need to use the RT1064.CFX file in the MCUXPresso IDE is OK, just like this:

kerryzhou_0-1696064884442.png

You can download the RT1024 SDK code from this linker:

mcuxpresso.nxp.com

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

rvigneault
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

Thanks for your answer, I think that it brings me in the right path.

When I select "Browse" in the "Default LinkServer Flash Driver" config, it gives me a file browser.

Is the right MIMXRT1024.cfx file to use the one from C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.8.0_1165\ide\binaries\Flash or from C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.8.0_1165\ide\plugins\com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.bin.win32_11.8.0.202307121429\binaries\Flash ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rvigneault ,

You are always welcome!

Sorry for my later reply because of our China National Day vocation, we will back to work from 10.8.

In the vocation, just give you the simple reply:

kerryzhou_0-1696392785939.png

Use this path:

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.8.0_1165\ide\binaries\Flash

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
rvigneault
Contributor III

It works!!

Thanks a log @kerryzhou and I hope that you had great holidays!!

0 Kudos
ramprakash11
Contributor II

Based on the context provided, it seems like you are trying to use the MCU-Link with the i.MXRT1024 MCU in MCUXpresso IDE and are having trouble finding the flash driver. The flash driver is typically included in the SDK for the specific MCU. In this case, you should look for it in the SDK for the i.MXRT1024.

However, it's important to note that the flash driver may not be listed under the 'Software' section as you've mentioned. It might be included as part of the MCUXpresso IDE or the SDK package for the i.MXRT1024. If you are unable to find it, it's possible that the driver is not available or not supported for this specific MCU with the MCU-Link.

As a workaround, you can try using a different debug probe that is compatible with the i.MXRT1024 MCU. For example, the P&E Micro Multilink has been mentioned in the context, but it's noted that it does not support the RT family of MCUs. Therefore, it's crucial to ensure that the debug probe you are using is compatible with the i.MXRT1024 MCU.

rvigneault
Contributor III

Hi @ramprakash11 ,

Thanks for your answer. i.MX-RT1024 is supported by the MCU Link, it is listed in the "Supported Devices" section of the MCU Link page.

Following @kerryzhou's answer, I think that I found what I was looking for in the SDK.

Thanks!

0 Kudos