cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPU/glTexDirectVIVMap YUV display issue

damiendejean
Contributor I

Hello,

We're facing an issue on Android with the VPU and glTexDirectVIVMap. Using GStreamer 1.0 (1.4.5) and gstreamer-imx plugin suite, we are receiveing a RTP stream, we're decoding it with imxvpudec plugin and we're displaying it with imxeglvivsink to the surface of an Android application.

Everything works fine, except when the received stream as a "weird" resolution (for instance 1264x711). In this case, the display looks like : https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/1169197/13978507/e9da146e-f0d1-11e5-8308-0a4dcf031a70.png

We also tested a patched version of glimasink (from GStreamer plugin bad) that uses the same glTexDirectVIVMap to avoid copies and we're facing the same issues. When the zero-copy patch is removed, everything works fine.

We tried to reproduce this on a Yocto linux platform, and we failed.

It seems there's an issue with the YUV picture emitted from the VPU or the way the gl stack reads it, is that a known issue ? Do you know how to fix this ?

Configuration tried:

• Hardware: Wandboard i.MX6 Quad
  • BSP: Android KK4.4.2 (kernel 3.0.35) and Android LLP 5.0 (kernel 3.10)
  • GStreamer 1.4.5 and 1.6.3
  • Gstreamer-imx imxeglvivsink plugin and glimagesink modified plugin
Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Damien,

Unfortunately could not access to see the picture however, there was a re-implementation fixes on glTexDirectVIV, glTexDirectVIVMap and glTexDirectInvalidateVIV on GPU driver 5.0.11p7 that should works with the YUV format on eglvivsink. Please give it a try and let us know if the issue remains

hope this helps

0 Kudos

damiendejean
Contributor I

Hi,

Indeed the picture does not work as is, it works doing a right click ->open in new tab/window. We're working on running android 5.1.1 which has this version of the driver, so we'll try it as soon as we got something running. I'll keep you informed.

Best regards

0 Kudos