cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using "gplay" does not play audio for MPEG, AVI, MPG4 extension files

Swamy
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using Linux 2.6.35 for IMX53 SMD. Sabre Tablet.11.05 Kernel..
I am using "gplay" to run the video file, the video comes up but audio does not play at all for MPEG, AVI, MPG4 extensions files.

However if I play WMV files, both Audio and Video works. Please help me resolving this issue.

Regards,
Swamy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

Swamy
Contributor III

Hi,

I have updated the problem regading alsa/pcm here... Please provide your suggestion

http://imxcommunity.org/group/imx53quickstartboard/forum/topics/alsa-library-error-opening-pcm-playb...

Regards,

Swamy

0 Kudos

Swamy
Contributor III

Hi Daiane Angolini,

Yes sure, I shall close this thread, Thanks all of you for resolving my GPLAY issue.

I am creating new thread "Alsa Library: Error opening PCM playback device" for Navigationa application issue.

Kindly help in resolving this.

Regards,

Swamy

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Great it's working! And great the right spec file was posted to the community.

Swamy, I did not understand "Navigation" is your application or it's inside the ltib BSP?

Do you know what PCM device Navigation application looks for? Can you post here the asound cards you can see on you board? ( cat /proc/asound/cards )

It would be good if the "gplay" thread was turned off and another thread regarding the "alsa/card" error was started, wouldn't it?

0 Kudos

Swamy
Contributor III

WOW!! Thanks a lot Kan HU and Daiane Angolini, it worked for me...Now I am able to get audio for MPEG, AVI, MPG4, DAT.

I have one more issue..I am running Navigation application, I am not able to hear the sound on this still. It is looking for ALSA-Lib which I have installed.

I get following error for this..

Error opening PCM playback device: -6, No such device or address
Retrying..
ALSA lib pcm.c:2166:(snd_pcm_open_conf) symbol _snd_pcm_plug_open is not defined
 inside [builtin]

Kindly help in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Swamy

0 Kudos

KanHU
Contributor III

from the log, it look like the version should be 2.0.1, i have no idea why you only have 1.9.6 package.

0 Kudos

Swamy
Contributor III

Thanks for the update. I will modify and update you on this.

Also in the .spec file you have given, it is showing 2.0.1 version, what I have is 1.9.6. Shall I update it to 2.0.1?

Regards,

Swamy

0 Kudos

KanHU
Contributor III

let's make the easy way, use the attached spec file to replace the one in dist/lfs-5.1/fsl-mm/

0 Kudos

KanHU
Contributor III

there's some bug in the earlier ltib spec for fsl-mm-codeclib.

for example, for the mp3 decoder it should has core codec library named lib_mp3_dec_arm12_elinux.so.x.x.x with  lib_mp3_dec_arm12_elinux.so is a symbol link to it. But there's only lib_mp3_dec_arm12_elinux.so present in the rootsfs, so the mp3 plugin can not be loaded since the library missed.

so change the spec will also copy the  lib_mp3_dec_arm12_elinux.so.x.x.x file as well.

0 Kudos

Swamy
Contributor III

Hi Daiane Angolini, Hi Kan HU,https://community.nxp.com/topic/listForContributor?user=0n8ejmp9tsc1q

This is my output for gst-inspect | grep mfw,

Also I have attached fsl-mm-codeclib.spec file for the reference.

root@freescale ~$ gst-inspect | grep mfw
mfw_v4lsink:  mfw_v4lsink: Freescale: V4L Sink
mfw_ipucsc:  mfw_ipucsc: Freescale IPU Color Space Converter
mfw_vpuencoder:  mfw_vpuencoder: Freescale: Hardware (VPU) Encoder
mfw_isink:  mfw_isink: Freescale: i_sink
mfw_vpudecoder:  mfw_vpudecoder: Freescale: Hardware (VPU) Decoder
mfw_deinterlacer:  mfw_deinterlacer: Mfw De-interlace
mfw_v4lsrc:  mfw_v4lsrc: Freescale Video Source plug-in

Hi Kan HU,

Sorry I could not understand what exactly I need to replace, do I need to replace all arm9 and arm11 with arm12?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Swamy

0 Kudos

KanHU
Contributor III

it look like the freescale some plugins are not working. you can check it by steps.

1. remove /root/.gstreamer-0.10 directory in you rootfs (gstreamer registry files)

2. use gst-inspect and check the very beginning lines, there's maybe some message like "** plugin can not load, library *.so missed" if so, maybe some bugs in the earlier ltib spec files. since we use SONAME for some core codec so files and the spec did not copy the binary named like lib_mp3_dec_arm12_elinux.so.x.x.x.

Steps to fix that.

find spec file for fsl-mm-codeclibs, it should in your ltib installed directory dist/lfs-5.1/fsl-mm/fsl-mm-codeclibs.spec, replace the line in the file, like

"find %{corelibpath} -name "*arm12*.so" | xargs -I corelib install corelib $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/%{
  _prefix}/lib/"

with

"find %{corelibpath} -name "*arm12*.so*" | xargs -I corelib install corelib $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/%{
_prefix}/lib/"

replace all of that with "arm9", "arm11" lines.

2. rebuild the fsl-mm-codeclibs and gst-fsl-plugins

it should work then, you can check by "gst-inspect | grep mfw", you should can see some plugins like mp3, aac, wma, etc.

0 Kudos

Swamy
Contributor III

OK Sure thanks. I will check and update you.

Regards,

Swamy

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are 2 possibilities:

* bug on gplay

* some missing file on your rootfs

In case you can play it some other way (not using gplay) using mfw decoders it´s a gplay bug.

In case you cannot play anyway, it´s something missing on your rootfs.

Tomorrow, please take the gst-inspect | grep mfw. I´d want to see decoders you have.

0 Kudos

Swamy
Contributor III

Hi,

Currently I am in Home, I shall try out this tomorrow morning and update you..

As far as my understanding playbin2 will not work as I don't see in /ltib/rootfs/usr/bin/

Also I have enabled gstreamer plugins-good in LTIB build.

But when I play WMV files, audio works fine.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Swamy

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
You may have the audio codec :
Track 00[Audio]: Enabled
Duration: 0:01:01.200000000
Language:
Mime: audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)1, channels=(int)1, rate=(int)32000, bitrate=(int)6

What did you see when you try playbin2:

gst-launch playbin2 uri=file://home/file.MPG

Do you have any audio sync? Have you enabled GOOD plugins for gstreamer package (under LTIB)?

0 Kudos

Swamy
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have attached the log for MPG file. Please suggest.

One of the audio driver I have selected in LTIB is ALSA along with gstreamer fsl plugin

Rgeards,

Swamy

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you, please share the log?

What audio decoder do you have? (please show your gst-inspect)

0 Kudos