Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EAP from SDK

Jump to solution
Burjak
Contributor III

Hello.

I'm learning how to use EAP feature from SDK. Created a baremetal project with adding only EAP and Maestro framework. 

Burjak_0-1655205855414.png

Burjak_4-1655206613844.png

I added to main #include "EAP_Parameter_LoudnessMaximiser.h" and get a bunch of errors in that header

unknown type name 'LVM_ControlParams_t' EAP_Parameter_LoudnessMaximiser.h /MIMXRT1176_Project_2/EAP/Example_Application/CONFIG_HEADER line 104 C/C++ Problem
unknown type name 'LVM_EQNB_BandDef_t' EAP_Parameter_LoudnessMaximiser.h /MIMXRT1176_Project_2/EAP/Example_Application/CONFIG_HEADER line 25 C/C++ Problem
unknown type name 'LVM_EQNB_BandDef_t' EAP_Parameter_LoudnessMaximiser.h /MIMXRT1176_Project_2/EAP/Example_Application/CONFIG_HEADER line 40 C/C++ Problem
unknown type name 'LVM_InstParams_t' EAP_Parameter_LoudnessMaximiser.h /MIMXRT1176_Project_2/EAP/Example_Application/CONFIG_HEADER line 59 C/C++ Problem

What have I missed? I actually don't see any file in the project which can be precompilied EAP library. Aswell as libEAP_releaseNote.txt in SDK.  I have felt like SDK gives me headers but I need to find lib somewhere, I can't figure out. 

Burjak_3-1655206505145.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well.
Please make sure that the include path is set in your project configuration:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1655336769247.png

It will be convenient if you start from an SDK example since the necessary settings were already set.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Burjak
Contributor III

I have a few more questions if you can answer.

I read in the application notes that EAP works only with a maximum of two channels (if stereo). But I have 8 input channels. I wanted to confirm that I may use EAP to edit my input audio info 1 by 1 (like 8 times in a row). Or maybe, can run multiply instances of a library? 

Second question. I use ARM Keil, it was a bit struggle to get library work there with an example application. Is EAP supposed to work only in MCUXpresso? 

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, it can work with multiple EAP instances as long as the memory/CPU load on the device is able to handle it.
This middleware is also compatible with Keil MDK, IAR, and GCC.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1655850757533.png

Best regards,
Omar

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well.
Please make sure that the include path is set in your project configuration:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1655336769247.png

It will be convenient if you start from an SDK example since the necessary settings were already set.

Best regards,
Omar

Burjak
Contributor III

Hello, Omar.

Thank you for your answer. You helped my case. MCUXpresso created needed includes that I see on your picture. But in my case, I created a bare-metal project via MCUXpresso wizard.

Burjak_1-1655361679662.png

But you recommended to me use an example from SDK. There are no EAP examples, but 4 examples for maestro_framework. I imported and saw two new files in the project directory. I copied them to my bare-metal project and at least it was compiled.

Burjak_0-1655361580341.png

Maybe it's an issue, and these two files should be in the project even when I created it via wizard?

Thank you again, you helped me.

0 Kudos