cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to flash 7ulp using uuu

Jump to solution
mgoodner
Contributor II

I have been having trouble booting a Yocto build following the Yocto user guide on my 7ulp board. What I am experiencing is the same as what is described in this post.imx6ull stops at this point random: crng init done 

I decided to back up and try flashing the reference Linux sample binary using uuu. I have tried on both Linux and Windows machines but uuu is stuck on "Wait for known USB Device Appear..." and never progresses past that. The boot switch setup for that is documented as 01xx. I'm not sure what "x" means in the context of a dip switch, but I have tried setting those positions as 0 and 1 and nothing works. The board is recognized by either OS, and when booting the SD card with either I can establish a serial connection, but I can never get to a prompt per the earlier linked post.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mgoodner
Contributor II

I didn't realize uuu requires the usb c port on the board instead of the usb debug port. Changing that connection solved the uuu problem. I still cannot get the board to boot as it is stuck at the point mentioned in the earlier post, but I'll continue that on the other thread.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mgoodner
Contributor II

I didn't realize uuu requires the usb c port on the board instead of the usb debug port. Changing that connection solved the uuu problem. I still cannot get the board to boot as it is stuck at the point mentioned in the earlier post, but I'll continue that on the other thread.

0 Kudos