cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fetch linux-imx for i.MX7D with Yocto

ignasisoler
Contributor I

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a distribution using the Yocto Project, but I'm unable to fetch the linux-imx from the repository.

I'm following the i,MX Yocto Project User's Guide, and trying to build a core-image-minimal. After some tasks, the answer is:

WARNING: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git;protocol=git;branch=imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
Cloning into bare repository '/home/ignasi/enciris-lt220-krogoth/downloads//git2/git.freescale.com.imx.linux-imx.git'...
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer

ERROR: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git;protocol=git;branch=imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/ignasi/enciris-lt220-krogoth/build-x11min/tmp/work/imx7dsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/4.1.15-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.30718
ERROR: Task 50 (/home/ignasi/enciris-lt220-krogoth/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.1.15.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 974 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/ignasi/enciris-lt220-krogoth/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.1.15.bb, do_fetch
Summary: There were 6 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Any clue?

##

Thanks

Ignasi

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ignasisoler
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

thanks for the clue. Finally I've been able to download the yocto from the GIT server and build it. It seems that it was unreachable when I tried.

Now I'm dealing with changes on device tree, u-boot and kernel.

Regards

Ignasi

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ignasi,

Please verify that you have internet connection and you may contact your system administrator because if you are using firewalls or proxy server this may avoid connection.

Besides, for one or the other reason the GIT server is sometimes not reachable, but you still have the option to download the source code from Freescale Public GIT  (http://git.freescale.com/git/) and then build it. If you have the need for various builds based on the same release, then it's useful to download all sources one time and base the following builds then on (a copy of) the local sources:

$ bitbake -c fetchall target

In Yocto Project Development Manual (http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.0/dev-manual/dev-manual.html) in chapter 5.15 you find some more information.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------