Unable to download and write eMMC on iMx6dl using MFGTool.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download and write eMMC on iMx6dl using MFGTool.

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hello there,

I'm unable to download and write eMMc on iMx6dl using MFGTool.

Attached :

1. Snap shot and

2. MfgTool.log

Your help will be greatly appreciated

153458_153458.GIFMfTool.GIF.

Regards

Pole

Original Attachment has been moved to: MfgTool.log.zip

0 Kudos
18 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

About the android_M6.0.1_1.0.0 I am testing it on my board. Then I will give you reply. Please have a wait.

Have a nice day.

Dan

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

Which BSP are you using? Here is the board you designed yourself ? And the images download to which flash of your board SD card or emmc?

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks so much for your kind response. It's iMX6DL sabre EK board which we have brought recently with default SD(android). Now I want write the image available on NXP(iMx6dl) website using MFGTool on to eMMc. It's not our custom board.

Thanx

Pole

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

The images on our website can directly used on our reference board. Could you tell me which version BSP images are you using?

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hello Dan,

Any update?.

Also, on console following is the output I see.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

I have tested the IMX6_M6.0.1_1.0.0_ANDROID_DEMO_SD_BSP demo images on my board. Here recommend you to to the following steps to use the mfgtool to download the images to emmc on your board:

1\ Extract the Demo images and copy the follow images under eMMC to the directory mfgtools/Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/files/android/sabresd

u-boot-imx6dl.imx

boot-imx6dl.img

recovery-imx6dl.img

system.img

2\Connect your board with PC

3\Open the mfgtool2-android-mx6dl-sabresd-emmc.vbs

4\Give power to your board

5\Press Run button

Download will work. In my side, it works well.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hello Dan,

Thanks so much for your effort. Let me follow the steps mentioned below and give a try. I'll let you know soon.

Thanks

Pole.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

Please remember to set the board boot mode to work on download mode:smileyhappy:.  Bless it will go well on your side.

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hello Dan,

I tried exactly the same way you have mentioned, but still it doesn't work.

Mode is set to 00001100.

Fyi, Attached terminal screen shot.

Regard

Pole

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

It works well on my side. Are you using the MCIMX6DL-SDP from our company? And make sure the demo images are completely be unzipped.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hello Dan ,

Just give me a idea how does MFG tool work.

I can find zImage and Uboot files, does tool download Root FS or it is located somewhere locally?

Looking forward to your update .

Thanks

Pole

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

The mfgtool work on the script in the ucl2.xml. First you need to configure the cfg.ini and then run the MfgTool2.exe. In the new version BSP, we make the .vbs for our customer. So customer can directly use the .vbs he need to download images to the board. Hope this can help you. Any questions you can contact me easily.

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the information. Now I'm able to understand it well.

If any further help, will contact you again.

Thanks once again

Pole

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

I am very glad it works:smileyhappy:. Haha. If you have new questions you can create new thread in our community. Here could you help close this thread. Thanks.

Have a nice day

Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hi Dan,

I tried " mfgtool2-yocto-mx6-sabresd-emmc.vbs", it worked absolutely fine.

Yes we are using MCIMX6DL-SDP. Also, is image downloaded from online? or you have yocto binary somewhere in the Mfgtool. What does Mfgtool basically do?

Thanks

Pole

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

The " mfgtool2-yocto-mx6-sabresd-emmc.vbs" is for the linux BSP images downloading. Here you are using the andorid BSP, so you should use the mfgtool2-android-mx6dl-sabresd-emmc.vbs .

I have tested it on my board, it works well. Here you can retry to extract the demo images you downloaded from our website.  It may caused by the unsuccessfully extract.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hello Dan,

Thanks so very much for your kind response.

We are planning to try with YOCTO, so I'm using " mfgtool2-yocto-mx6-sabresd-emmc.vbs" and able to load the image as well as the rootfs.

Warm regards

Pole

0 Kudos

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hi Dan,

I just downloaded this IMX6_M6.0.1_1.0.0_ANDROID_DEMO_SD_BSP and tried using Mfgtool.

Thanks

Pole

0 Kudos