cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UM805RE on the IMXUL Ref design

umasundaram
Contributor II

Hi,

Can someone please explain the purpose/Working of UM805RE in IMX6UL Evaluation kit.

Thanks,

Uma.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hello Yuri,

Can you please explain it again, I don't get it.

thanks

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In order to avoid issues, when only i.MX6UL is reset, but external devices, such as PMIC, eMMC, DRAM

are not (say, DRAM may be if self-refresh mode and skip memory initialization ; PMIC can provide non-proper

for start up voltages) - it is highly recommended to perform total system (power on) reset. This is implemented

via WDOG signal of the i.MX6UL and some external schematic (U708, UM805).

WDOG signal may be issued directly in software ; please refer to description of Watchdog Control Register

(WDOGx_WCR), bit SRS in the Reference Manual. To form pulse from level oriented WDOG signal CR

differentiating circuit on C738, R755 is applied. D705 rejects possible voltage pulses after the CR circuit.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos