cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to use M2-JODY-W3 with IMX8MP processor

SimaoLeite
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm currently working with the IMX8MP processor from NXP and with M2-JODY-W3 module based on the NXP 88W9098 chipset. The M2-JODY-W3 module is configured to use PCIe interface for Wi-Fi and the UART interface for bluetooth, which are the default settings. 

To use the M2-JODY-W3 module, I followed an NXP tutorial that outlines how to load the bluetooth NXP driver (btnxpuart) into the Linux kernel version 6.1.22 on the IMX8MP processor. After following this tutorial, I encountered issues with bluetooth communication, particularly during the driver loading process.

To troubleshoot this problem, I conducted a test by attempting to send the letter "A" to the bluetooth module. I observed that the IMX8MP RTS line cannot be grounded, which I suspect may be the reason why I'm encountering bluetooth communications issues. The test results are shown in the attached image, and the test was conducted after loading Wi-Fi drivers (mlan/moal) and the corresponding firmware (pcieuart9098_combo_v1.bin).

Test.jpg

Could anyone help me with this problem?

Regards,

Simão Leite

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Are you working with 6.1.22 kernel? so please update to 6.6.36 BSP we found this situation in previous kernel version but not happens in the latest one.

Regards

0 Kudos