显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Setting visual studio code for i.MX8 development

跳至解决方案
3,562 次查看
hello-world123
Contributor II

Hello, I'm john who is newbie in embedded linux development.

I'm currently doing i.MX8 development using yocto build system and I want to edit/compile/debug kernel/application source code at visual studio code.

Thanks to Variwiki which tells me how to setting environment about SDK, I have a question about these.

(Variwiki Yocto Programming with VSCode link which I read : https://variwiki.com/index.php?title=Yocto_Programming_with_VSCode&release=RELEASE_HARDKNOTT_V1.0_DA...

Variwiki said I need toolchain for cross-compiling applications and they told me how to acquire toolchain about their own SOM which named 'DART-MX8M-MINI' (Variwiki Toolchain installation link which I read : https://variwiki.com/index.php?title=Yocto_Toolchain_installation&release=RELEASE_HARDKNOTT_V1.0_DAR...)

I developed using yocto build system with i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide(IMXLXYOCTOUG) and I also read how to acquire toolchain about my evaluation kit 'i.MX 8M Mini EVKB' with i.MX Porting Guide(IMXBSPPG).

Can I do above Variwiki's 'Yocto Programming with VSCode' using toolchain which described in i.MX Porting Guide(IMXBSPPG) at '2.1.1 How to build and load kernel in standalone environment' ?

Thanks for your help.

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
1 解答
3,550 次查看
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daewoong92,

Yes you can, but if you instal the whole yocto it has to be with the same toolchain version.

Regards

在原帖中查看解决方案

3 回复数
3,551 次查看
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daewoong92,

Yes you can, but if you instal the whole yocto it has to be with the same toolchain version.

Regards

3,543 次查看
hello-world123
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

You mean I have to match kernel source which is used to do yocto build with kernel source which is used to make toolchain?

If so, I followed i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide to do yocto build (repo init -> repo sync -> bitbake image)

and I'm using these kernel source so all I have to do is do 'DISTRO=fsl-imx-fb MACHINE=Target-Machine bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk' with same build directory like in i.MX BSP Porting Guide 2.1.1. right?

Thanks in advance.

0 项奖励
3,514 次查看
hello-world123
Contributor II

I successfully finished to make development environment by following variscite link and i.MX Porting Guide as I mentioned.

Thanks to populate_sdk and variscite, NXP staff. 

0 项奖励