Secure Boot using (MX RT: Secure Boot Episode 1 Rev.1.0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Boot using (MX RT: Secure Boot Episode 1 Rev.1.0)

Jump to solution
Shealtiel
Contributor I

Hello,

• I can't able to execute the below cmd. I have followed the procedures properly everything steps executed but facing issue in this step.(Followed this doc i.MX RT: Secure Boot Episode 1 Rev.1.0)
  • CST tool 3.1.0

Use elftosb to generate the image file:
 elftosb -f imx -V -c ../../bd_file/imx10xx/imx-flexspinor-normalsigned.bd -o ivt_signed_boot_hello_world.bin
secure_hello_world.s19

getting this error!!

Shealtiel_1-1709278506422.png

Thanks,

Shealtiel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Shealtiel ,

Which mode you want to use? if you are used the unsigned mode, it won't burn the fuse, but, if you choose the BEE, HAB related operation, it will burn the fuse.

To the secured program, it will help you to burn the related fuse, to the second secure program, it won't burn the fuse anymore, just download the app.

So, it is totally determined by your usage.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

If your question is solved, please help to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, thanks.

Any new issues, welcome to create the new case.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Shealtiel ,

Which secure boot mode you want to use?

HAB authentication, HAB encryption, or BEE?

Seems you are using the HAB operation, if this method, I highly recommend you use our SEC tool:

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools...

This will help you do the signed operation, it also provides the log, and you can refer to that log to do the correct operation.

From your log, it report the myBinfile, seems your previous operation have issues.

kerryzhou_1-1709519905442.png

kerryzhou_2-1709519984240.png

If you want to use the cmd method, you also can refer to my post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT1050-HAB-Encrypted-Image-Generation-and-Analys...

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
Shealtiel
Contributor I

Hello,

When we create the secure boot image and click on write image button will it burn the fuses with the appropriate configuration??

How can I manage in the second attempt without configuring the fuses?

Thanks, 

Shealtiel

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Shealtiel ,

Which mode you want to use? if you are used the unsigned mode, it won't burn the fuse, but, if you choose the BEE, HAB related operation, it will burn the fuse.

To the secured program, it will help you to burn the related fuse, to the second secure program, it won't burn the fuse anymore, just download the app.

So, it is totally determined by your usage.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

If your question is solved, please help to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, thanks.

Any new issues, welcome to create the new case.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
Shealtiel
Contributor I

Hello @kerryzhou 

Thank you it cleared my doubts and I got the user guide for that it cleared all my questions

Thanks 

Shealtiel

0 Kudos