Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabresd board : No HDMI output in Android JB 4.2.2 recovery mode

Jump to solution
nickyeh
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to do android recovery mode in Sabresd board. In my environment, I use HDMI as output display, no LVDS.

Below is my U-boot bootargs:

console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc0 no_console_suspend androidboot.hardware=freescale

To enter recovery mode, I do folllowing steps:

1. copy sabresd_6dq-ota-.... .zip to /cache

2. create a file "command" in /cache/recovery, the contents of this file represent the filename of update package, it should look like below:

"--update_package=/cache/sabresd_6dq-ota-....zip"

3. in CLI, execute "reboot recovery"

4. system reboot and get into recovery mode

In previous android release (imx-android-13.4.1), I can see rolling star in Android icon on HDMI display which represents the update process is running.

But In JB 4.2.2 ga release, No HDMI display, but I can confirms the recovery is running.

I had try to add "--show_text" in command file and it can display static pic, but cannot see like previous "rollong star" in Android icon.

Anyone can figure out what I miss?

Thanks in advanced.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nickyeh
Contributor II

Hi,

I got normal HDMI output in recovery mode while boot with below bootargs:

console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=16 vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc0 no_console_suspend androidboot.hardware=freescale

The different is "bpp".

Anyway, I can modify u-boot to replace with this argument while system want to get in recovery mode.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nickyeh
Contributor II

Hi,

I got normal HDMI output in recovery mode while boot with below bootargs:

console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=16 vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc0 no_console_suspend androidboot.hardware=freescale

The different is "bpp".

Anyway, I can modify u-boot to replace with this argument while system want to get in recovery mode.

Thanks

0 Kudos
nickyeh
Contributor II

Does anyone can help?

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Did you get an output in the HDMI in normal mode?

Have you tried with different panels? and changing the frequency?

Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
nickyeh
Contributor II

Yes, HDMI output work well in normal mode.

The problem in is JB 4.2.2 recovery mode, not in imx-android-13.4.1.

I am not sure the symptom could be duplicated in LCD panel since that is not required in my project.

I will do more experiment with different bootargs (resolution or something else).

Thanks your suggestion.

0 Kudos