キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

SNVS HPCOMR protection

546件の閲覧回数
vsiles
Senior Contributor I

On a sabre lite (i.MX6Q), we managed to access the SNVS HPCOMR register from a secure application and change the bit 31 (NPSWA_EN) from 0 to 1. That is, from PL0, which I consider unprivileged.   

The RM states:

The SNVS_HP Command Register contains the command, configuration, and control bits for the SNVS block. This is a privileged write register.

Since the HPCOMR[31] bit was 0, I didn't expect a userland application to be able to write to it, since it's protected.

Is my understanding of 'privileged' for the SNVS_HP register wrong ? Can someone explain this behavior ?

Best,

Vincent

ラベル(1)
タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
2 返答(返信)

408件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

one can check AIPSTZx_MPR  master priviledge description, sect.58.4.1.1 Peripheral access i.MX6DQ RM :
The peripheral access (resource access) of the requesting master is given by the
corresponding RAR bit of the Peripheral Right Register. It determines if the master has
access privilege to the resource.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛

408件の閲覧回数
vsiles
Senior Contributor I

Ok, so this notion of privilege was liked to the AIPSTZ, not the PL0/PL1 level. Thank you.

0 件の賞賛