SDR104/SDIO3.0 on iMX6Q SABRE (MCIMX6Q-SDB) with yocto (4.1.15 Kernel)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDR104/SDIO3.0 on iMX6Q SABRE (MCIMX6Q-SDB) with yocto (4.1.15 Kernel)

muratsenel
Contributor II

Hi;

I am trying to verify the throughput of an 802.11ac module based on CYW/BCM4339. Although BCM4339 is supposed to deliver close to 250Mbps UDP throughput, the highest I am getting is 135Mmps. 

Digging deeper, I found out that I need to make changes to usdhc2 in imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi, based on the description here: supporting SDR104 in imx6 board by yocto 

However, supporting SDR104 in imx6 board by yocto  states, that "Not all of imx6 boards can support SDR104".

1) Can you confirm that MCIMX6Q-SDB supports/does not support SDR104?

2) supporting SDR104 in imx6 board by yocto describes the HW changes needed on AI board to support SDR104. Can you please describe the equivalent changes needed for MCIMX6Q-SDB board?

3) Do the dts file changes in  supporting SDR104 in imx6 board by yocto apply to MCIMX6Q-SDB, too, provided that I edit usdhc2 instead of usdhc3.

Thanks,

-Murat

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Murat

MCIMX6Q-SDB does not support SDR104 as SD power switch for 1.8V operation

is not implemented on that board. Sabre AI has that switch U508 on sch-27142,

so recommended to use Sabre AI board.

Schematics (5)
Design files for i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6DualLite CPU1 Cards
Design files for Base Board (REV E)

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/s...

>2) supporting SDR104 in imx6 board by yocto describes the HW changes needed on AI board to support SDR104.

no changed are needed for that board, all HW is already implemeneted on it. Image on link is from AI schematic (sch-27142)

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos