Regarding replacing MCIMX6Y2DVM05AA with MCIMX6Y2CVM08AA in NXP's I.MX6ULL EVK board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding replacing MCIMX6Y2DVM05AA with MCIMX6Y2CVM08AA in NXP's I.MX6ULL EVK board

jayebc
Contributor II

Hi All,

We are planning to use the MCIMX6Y2CVM08AA-792MHz processor in our custom board instead of NXP's i.MX6ULL's EVK Board is MCIMX6Y2DVM05AA. We have tested our fsl-yocto-L4.9.11_1.0.0 BSP's on NXP's i.MX6ULL's EVK Board with MCIMX6Y2DVM05AA

1. Before we design our new custom hardware with MCIMX6Y2CVM08AA?? We would like to test fsl-yocto-L4.9.11_1.

2. Does the same fsl-yocto-L4.9.11_1.0.0 BSP's comes up fine without any issues on MCIMX6Y2CVM08AA??

3. As in our custom hardware we are using NAND flash as the only storage media which needs to programmed only using MFG tools using USB-OTG. Does any USB or any other periherals needs to be reconfigured in MFG tool images or in any updater images to bringup the system after flashing onto the NAND??

4. Is there anything that we need to takecare in software ie., in fsl-yocto-L4.9.11_1.0.0 BSP's w.r.t PLL's , if there is anything that we need to takecare what and where this changes needs to be done, could you please share me those changes?? So that we can replace the MCIMX6Y2DVM05AA with MCIMX6Y2CVM08AA and test our fsl-yocto-L4.9.11_1.0.0 BSP's on MCIMX6Y2CVM08AA before we do our custom board design with MCIMX6Y2CVM08AA??

Kindly do the needful as early as possible, as we are stuck in decision of using MCIMX6Y2CVM08AA in our custom hardware , as we are worried about system comes up fine or not????

Eagerly awaiting for your replies..

Many Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jaya,

1. yes

2. Yes,

3. No changes needed it

one can refer to Chapter CPU Frequency Scaling (CPUFREQ) Driver

in Linux Manual, which changes CPU frequency and dts file

linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q.dtsi, cpu0: cpu@0.. "operating-points":

linux-imx.git - i.MX Linux Kernel 

In older linux releases one can try kernel boot parameter "arm_freq"

described in Table. Kernel Boot Parameters Linux Release Notes.

0 Kudos