RT1170-EVK - Bluetooth example not working with AW-AM457MA-D module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1170-EVK - Bluetooth example not working with AW-AM457MA-D module

mojmir150
Contributor I

Hi, I have problem with bluetooth example for RT1170-EVK dev board. To be specific it is "edgefast_bluetooth_examples/spp"
It is not woring, when trying to debug, I am getting error messages in serial console:

[wifi_io] Error: Error in wlan_card_status()
[wifi_io] Error: Card timeout wlan_download_normal_fw:361
[wifi] Error: sd_wifi_init failed. status code -1
ASSERT ERROR " WM_SUCCESS == result ": file "/home/mojmir/Dokumenty/SDK/SDK_2_10_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK/middleware/wireless/ethermind/port/pal/mcux/bluetooth/controller/controller_wifi_nxp.c" Line "56" function name "controller_wifi_nxp_init"

But I am afraid that this is caused by attempt to debug program, because the same error I am getting when debugging WiFi example (but it makes sense, as it is independent module).
When I am running this example without debugging, just after power on of board, I get only fragment of error message and nothing else in console (WiFi example is running OK with the same module, but it uses different bus).

Have you been able to run this bluetooth example? Is there any way how to properly debug this?
I built it with armgcc.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mojmir150,

There's a new SDK release (2.10.1) available in the webpage. Could you confirm if this behavior is also present in the new release?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

mojmir150
Contributor I

Hi @Alexis_A , I tried right after new SDK was available with the same result, so the issue is still there.
Kind regards
Mojmir Knapek

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mojmir150,

I did miss that you're using the M.2 module to use this example, currently, the only one supported ist he AW-AM457-uSD and the AW-CM358MA. Are you using an M.2 to SD adapter?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

cervenka
Contributor III

Hello, i heard that in 2.10.1 should be m.2 supported. Maybe not for BT but only wifi? Are you going to support that in SDK 2.11?
Currently we are using m.2 directly.

0 Kudos

cervenka
Contributor III

Hi @Alexis_A , as you were able to reproduce behavior with older SDK, were you not able to reproduce issue with newer SDK?

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mojmir150,

I was able to reproduce the issue, I'll investigate this internally and let you know when I receive some feedback.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon