Did you mean: 

RT1020, brown-out offset control. and IRQ handling

Jump to solution
Seongyon_Jeong
Contributor III

Sorry  to Write direct question.

From RT1020 referencs manual ,  Chapter 16 PMU

Question 1.

what is it xPU  from PMU_MISC2 -> REG2_BO_OFFSET & REG1_BO_OFFSET    ?

what it is Core power domain from PMU_MISC2 -> REG0_BO_OFFSET    ?

Is it component (hadware part) of EVK Board ?

Question 2.

Brown-out event  generate  interrupt  IRQ_DIG_BO,    Can it be handled  by PMU_IRQHandler ?

Do I need to re-define this function?   How Can I clear this interrupt flag?     flag value is PMU_MISC1->IRQ_DIG_BO , Is it right?

Or    Hardware Reset ?,  not controlled by software ?

Qusetion 3.

I couldn`t  find the setting code from  all SDK example. that means ,  this value is set from manufacturing process?

Because When I dump the address,,  the result is    [  0x400D8110:  0x 00021073 ]

this mean, 0x400D8110 is PMU_REG_1P1 , and   last 4bit,  “3”  meaning  include “Enable BO”

I thought, this “someone  set  this address.”

Is there  any example about Brown out value  ?

Qusetion 4.

From Table 4-2. CM7 domain interrupt summary

Seongyon_Jeong_0-1694059101700.png

this mean that [2 ea xPU power Domain & Core Power Domain   of  Brown-out  ] does not generate PMU interrupt ???  ,, only 1.1  2.5  3.0  regulator  brown out ?

Qusetion 5.   Is Brown-out  reset  not  recorded on  SRC->SRSR  ??  

Is it category of [Power on Reset .. source] ?   then How can I recognize  Brown-out  from  SRC->SRSR ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Seongyon_Jeong,

We are terribly sorry for the delay to answer you.

Brown-out event  generate  interrupt  IRQ_DIG_BO,    Can it be handled  by PMU_IRQHandler ?

In the i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual. Section 16.1. Chip-specific PMU information it is mentioned that IRQ_DIG_BO is reserved and not applicable to this device. You might want to check the LDO specific flags, for example, the BO_VDD1P1. They could be handled by a PMU interruption handler.

Do I need to re-define this function?

What do you mean for re-define? Could you please take a look at the following community post? It could be useful: How to enable brownout detection - NXP Community.

How Can I clear this interrupt flag?     flag value is PMU_MISC1->IRQ_DIG_BO , Is it right? Or    Hardware Reset ?,  not controlled by software ?

The flag only would be cleared if you fix the voltage to the value needed.

I couldn`t  find the setting code from  all SDK example. that means ,  this value is set from manufacturing process?

As you mentioned, if the customer does not modify the registers, the registers will have a default setting.

Unfortunately, there are not examples of how to work with brown-out detection. Nonetheless, you could check the implementation done here: How to enable brownout detection - NXP Community. It could be helpful.

RaulRomero_0-1698419161251.png

this mean that [2 ea xPU power Domain & Core Power Domain   of  Brown-out  ] does not generate PMU interrupt ???  ,, only 1.1  2.5  3.0  regulator  brown out ?

The interruptions that would be detected, as you mentioned, are either the 1.1, 2.5 or 3.0 LDO regulators. The xPU and Core Power Domain does not have brownout detection as you might see in the PMU_REG_COREn register and Section 16.1.1. Chip-specific PMU information., where it is mentioned that some bitfields are not applicable on this device, and those corresponding bits are Reserved.

Is Brown-out  reset  not  recorded on  SRC->SRSR  ??  

Is it category of [Power on Reset .. source] ?   then How can I recognize  Brown-out  from  SRC->SRSR ?

In the i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual. Section 21.6.2. Internal POR., mentions that if the external SRC_POR_B signal is not used (always held high or left unconnected), the processor defaults to the internal POR function (PMU controls generation of the POR based on the power supplies).

You could see in Figure 21-5. SCR inputs and outputs that the POR -> SCR_POR_B is named ipp_reset_b which is the SCR->SRSR bit you could use to recognize a brown-out reset.

Kind regards, Raul.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Seongyon_Jeong,

First of all, let us apologize for the delay to answer you.

Initially, let us answer you the first question. We are working with the other questions, and we are going to answer you soon.

Question 1.

what is it xPU  from PMU_MISC2 -> REG2_BO_OFFSET & REG1_BO_OFFSET    ?

xPU refers to a device abstraction for computation architectures. The "x" from xPU is just like a variable, so you can do x = C and you get CPU, or x = G and you get GPU. That's the intuition behind that abstract name. In previous PMU_REG_COREn register xPU changes to VPU/GPU.

what it is Core power domain from PMU_MISC2 -> REG0_BO_OFFSET    ?

Core power domain refers to the power domain of the ARM Core of the microcontroller, which is Cortex M7 for the RT1020.

Is it component (hadware part) of EVK Board ?

Yes, the core power domain is part of the EVK Board. Look at the PMU's Figure 16-1. Power system overview.

Kind regards, Raul.

0 Kudos
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Seongyon_Jeong,

We are terribly sorry for the delay to answer you.

In the i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual. Section 16.1. Chip-specific PMU information it is mentioned that IRQ_DIG_BO is reserved and not applicable to this device. You might want to check the LDO specific flags, for example, the BO_VDD1P1. They could be handled by a PMU interruption handler.

Do I need to re-define this function?

What do you mean for re-define? Could you please take a look at the following community post? It could be useful: How to enable brownout detection - NXP Community.

How Can I clear this interrupt flag?     flag value is PMU_MISC1->IRQ_DIG_BO , Is it right? Or    Hardware Reset ?,  not controlled by software ?

The flag only would be cleared if you fix the voltage to the value needed.

As you mentioned, if the customer does not modify the registers, the registers will have a default setting.

Unfortunately, there are not examples of how to work with brown-out detection. Nonetheless, you could check the implementation done here: How to enable brownout detection - NXP Community. It could be helpful.

RaulRomero_0-1698419161251.png

The interruptions that would be detected, as you mentioned, are either the 1.1, 2.5 or 3.0 LDO regulators. The xPU and Core Power Domain does not have brownout detection as you might see in the PMU_REG_COREn register and Section 16.1.1. Chip-specific PMU information., where it is mentioned that some bitfields are not applicable on this device, and those corresponding bits are Reserved.

Is Brown-out  reset  not  recorded on  SRC->SRSR  ??  

In the i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual. Section 21.6.2. Internal POR., mentions that if the external SRC_POR_B signal is not used (always held high or left unconnected), the processor defaults to the internal POR function (PMU controls generation of the POR based on the power supplies).

You could see in Figure 21-5. SCR inputs and outputs that the POR -> SCR_POR_B is named ipp_reset_b which is the SCR->SRSR bit you could use to recognize a brown-out reset.

Kind regards, Raul.

0 Kudos
Seongyon_Jeong
Contributor III
Sincerely, Thank you. and I didn`t recognize PMU driver API fsl_pmu.c/h in SDK,
I will Try to implement code, refering to [ How to enable brownout detection ] page
0 Kudos