Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QT5 Corrupted display output with LTIB 4.1.0 BSP

Jump to solution
ottob
Contributor IV

Hi There,

I built QT5 according to the instructions posted here -  https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94066. Now I'm attempting to run the sample applications, but the output is corrupted. I attached the a screen cap of what the "knobs" demo looks like. Other ones appears to suffer from the same problem. I tried it on MIPI displays and full 1080P HD LVDS screens, which both work great with gstreamer. I am using imx6q on plain Linux (no X11)

Any ideas on what it could be ?

Thanks,

/Otto

Labels (4)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ottob
Contributor IV

For anyone else running into this problem - this solves it. For some reason QT is not smart enough to set up the framebuffer

fbset -g 1920 1080 1920 3240 32

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ottob
Contributor IV

Update - If I play a video using gstreamer before starting the QT demo the display looks a lot better. All elements of the demo is located in the correct place, but the colors are way off. This leads me to believe it has something do do with the color format / frame buffer setup. However I'm not sure how to set that up properly.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

/Otto

0 Kudos
ottob
Contributor IV

For anyone else running into this problem - this solves it. For some reason QT is not smart enough to set up the framebuffer

fbset -g 1920 1080 1920 3240 32

0 Kudos
ottob
Contributor IV

Also, if you seeing small square boxes instead of text - Install the "Liberation Font" package (LTIB)

0 Kudos