cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python Library updation

mathew_k_t
Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to add python-scipy_0.18.1 with iMX6ULL evk image, I successfully added numpy and pandas using .bb files.

Thanks

Mathew

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

mathew_k_t
Contributor II

I created a bb file and tried to create an image. But it shows errorpython-scipy.png

following is the bitbake file that I created

SUMMARY  = "SciPy: Scientific Library for Python"
SECTION = "devel/python"
HOMEPAGE = "https://www.scipy.org"

SRC_URI[md5sum] = "5fb5fb7ccb113ab3a039702b6c2f3327"
SRC_URI[sha256sum] = "8ab6e9c808bf2fb3e8576cd8cf07226d9cdc18b012c06d9708429a821ac6634e"

LICENSE = "BSD"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://PKG-INFO;beginline=8;endline=8;md5=e910b35b0ef4e1f665b9a75d6afb7709"

PYPI_PACKAGE = "scipy"

S = "${WORKDIR}/scipy-${PV}"

RDEPENDS_${PN} += "python-numpy"

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi mathew,

in your Yocto build directory you can launch command 'bitbake -s' and it will show all the available packages. You may 'grep' the output and look for python-scipy, if no output is found then it means the package is not available, but if you find it then you can add the package with that specific name.

You may add the module to your image by adding the following line to your local.conf file:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append += "package_name"

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mathew_k_t
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks you for your comments.

I tried as you mentioned in the above reply and I'm able to find python-scipy in the added packages. But on the target when I'm importing scipy it shows error(like python-scipy not found). Then I check for scipy package in the python2.7 directory it doesn't list anything. Hope you can help me.

Regards,

Mathew

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mathew,

I was mistaken in the Syntax please try

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " package_name"

Please note the leading space in the value to be appended.

If the problem persists please let e know.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos